What's new

Verizon iPhone 5?

I don't think it will still be 3G this year. Dual core processors are rumoured due to a new A8 chip (the 4G has an A4)

I think we will get an antenna fix like the verzion phone, the A8 chip a slightly better camera and perhaps 1080p HD video instead on 720p. 2012 will be the year of the 4G, on the 5G phone. Lol...

We already know we're getting the antenna fix. The antenna had to be changed to work with CDMA. That part has been confirmed. I tend to be with you on the 4G, next year once it is more firmly planted around the country.

We should get it. Those of us not on verzion won't get it unless apple change all iPhone 4's in the summer. Not just the ones they 'had to'...

e of us not on verzion won't get it unless apple change all iPhone 4's in the summer. Not just the ones they 'had to'...

Sorry about that, I didn't catch where you were from originally. You're right, there should have been a new antenna for the GSM users as well, you're right. But hey, they had to throw us Verizon people a bone with how long we've been waiting for this thing. :D

No worries, but even AT&T users are stuck with the old antenna until the summer.

I was amazed to find out the US only had one network for the iPhone. We've got 4 here. Lol. It's no big deal when a new network gets the iPhone now...

No worries, but even AT&T users are stuck with the old antenna until the summer.

I was amazed to find out the US only had one network for the iPhone. We've got 4 here. Lol. It's no big deal when a new network gets the iPhone now...

I'm stuck with it for another year and a half lol. Not going to be able to afford to upgrade in the summer. It was never really a big deal for me anyway. I don't go anywhere without the case.

I don't find the antenna issue a big deal, just find it kind of unfair that us that have had iphones for (in my case years) get left with a lesser phone of you like, where as brand new customers get the 'upgraded' one. I don't get the best of service in my house but I have wifi, so as long as I have a bar or two I'm happy.

I won't be getting the next phone either. Unless it's a major upgrade like this one was, I may be tempted to sell it and buy the new one outright instead of contract, but I highly doubt the next iPhone will be much different...

Last edited:
I hope it doesn't get any bigger. It's big enough in my pocket as it is...

I hope it doesn't get any bigger. It's big enough in my pocket as it is...

A little bigger isn't going to bother me. My boy has that mammoth Dell thing. It's ridiculous. No thanks.

The iPhone is the perfect size as-is. I hate that these new phones (Droid X, etc) are so freaking big. I sure hope they don't make it any bigger...