What's new

Verizon iPhone Ordering Dates / Availability

It's official finally got the e-mail from Verizon, 3AM Eastern time on Feb 3rd will be the beginning of the pre-order for the iPhone 4... guess I'll have to set my alarm...if I can even fall asleep.

Does anybody know when customers will be able to physically have the phone in their hands?

I was told that if you pre-order the iphone it will be ups to your house in in your hands on the 10th.

They used to use Fed Ex and you had to have someone sign for it. Maybe that has changed but probably no matter who they use someone will have to sign so make sure someone is home when they get there. If not you can either go to the center and pick it up when the truck get s abck or they will bring it another.

Verizon will probably send you an e-mail with a shipping number. If that is the case then go to the site (either Fed Ex or UPS) and sign up for alerts. They will send you a text when it is sent out for delivery.

Does anybody know when customers will be able to physically have the phone in their hands?

I was told that if you pre-order the iphone it will be ups to your house in in your hands on the 10th.

That is what VZ rep told me too.
was just told the same thing...will not be in any of our hands til the 10th and you won't be charged until the device ships. thinking I may just wait and go to the store and pay for it and get it the same day since I would have to wait on delivery anyway.

I am just ordering online to skip the potential crowds. I think there may be more people in line than some are estimating.

That is what VZ rep told me too.
was just told the same thing...will not be in any of our hands til the 10th and you won't be charged until the device ships. thinking I may just wait and go to the store and pay for it and get it the same day since I would have to wait on delivery anyway.

Im taking the chance on early delivery, ill be pre ordering the absolute second i can.

Last edited:
Don't want to wake up early when I can sleep in, and besides its cold here in delaware, no sense in staying outside nearly killing myself for the phone that can be sent to me a few hours later than when I would get it.

I think it will be more then just waking up early. I would not be surprised if there were people camping out from at least the day before. Maybe there won't be but all to often when something big like this comes out we see it on television.

There are people who will camp out a couple days ahead just so they can be the first one in the store to get something new. I have no interest in wasting all that time just so I can be the first one out of the store with the iphone. I'll have mine delivered at home where I can be comfortable. I won't be the very first person to get one that day but I'll still have it that day and it will be brought to me and i won't spend hours or days in the cold.

is it true if you add a line on the 3rd it wont let you do it with the iphone?? is that correct

I guess if you don't mind changing your phone number so much... I've had this same number for years and I plan to keep it.

Where did the $749.99 price come from? Last I heard, the full retail price hadn't been announced yet... but I thought it was cheaper than that on AT&T.

My point is FOR HIM it's the only way to get it preordered and get the upgrade price. And, this is taken directly from the VZW iPhone page:

VerizonWireless said:
How much will iPhone cost?

$199.99 for the 16GB model, and $299.99 for the 32GB model, with a new 2 year agreement. iPhone 4 will also be available for purchase at full retail price - $649.99 for the 16GB model, and $749.99 for the 32GB model.

iPhone 4. Verizon. It Begins.

Okay, so would this work? To do my pre-order today with the idea of adding a line to get the $199 price, then when I get the iphone, transferring my current phone number to the new iphone and cancelling the phone number that I had to assign to the iphone when I order it today? I think my costs would be the $199 for the new phone and the ETF for the existing DX phone?

I guess if you don't mind changing your phone number so much... I've had this same number for years and I plan to keep it.

Where did the $749.99 price come from? Last I heard, the full retail price hadn't been announced yet... but I thought it was cheaper than that on AT&T.

My point is FOR HIM it's the only way to get it preordered and get the upgrade price. And, this is taken directly from the VZW iPhone page:

VerizonWireless said:
How much will iPhone cost?

$199.99 for the 16GB model, and $299.99 for the 32GB model, with a new 2 year agreement. iPhone 4 will also be available for purchase at full retail price - $649.99 for the 16GB model, and $749.99 for the 32GB model.

Okay, so would this work? To do my pre-order today with the idea of adding a line to get the $199 price, then when I get the iphone, transferring my current phone number to the new iphone and cancelling the phone number that I had to assign to the iphone when I order it today? I think my costs would be the $199 for the new phone and the ETF for the existing DX phone?

I'm pretty sure that there's a stipulation that can hit you with the whole MSRP if you cancel within the first 60 or 90 days of contract. You might want to read the fine print...

I'm pretty sure that there's a stipulation that can hit you with the whole MSRP if you cancel within the first 60 or 90 days of contract. You might want to read the fine print...

I'd be terminating the DX contract 6 months early to get the iphone, so I think I'd have the pro-rated ETF fee. Can I just switch out the phone number that is assigned to the iphone from my original DX phone?

I'd be terminating the DX contract 6 months early to get the iphone, so I think I'd have the pro-rated ETF fee. Can I just switch out the phone number that is assigned to the iphone from my original DX phone?

I'm losing you here a little. When you say terminate the contract, would you be keeping the same services and the same number and just changing the physical phone from the DX to the iPhone? If that would be what you are doing, I'm not sure that you would be hit with an ETF fee, just would pay full price on the iPhone. I might have missed some more of your back story.

I'm losing you here a little. When you say terminate the contract, would you be keeping the same services and the same number and just changing the physical phone from the DX to the iPhone? If that would be what you are doing, I'm not sure that you would be hit with an ETF fee, just would pay full price on the iPhone. I might have missed some more of your back story.

yep, just changing the physical phone. I would like to start a new line today to get the iphone ordered then when the iphone arrives I would cancel my DX and transfer the phone number to the iphone. I think the problem is though the iphone get assigned a phone number the day I order it so I don't know if my idea would work.