What's new

Verizon iPhone 5?

you can sell a 16 gb iPhone 4 for $400 easy. save up $250 and buy the iPhone 5 at retail price!

That's exactly my line of thinking. ;)

Same for me. But i still dont think we will see an iPhone 5 till Q1 or Q2 of 2012. 12 million CDMA iPhones are to be sold this year alone. that will make up for the number of sales if the iPhone 5 was released on AT&T this summer with no verizon iPhone.

iPhone 5 will be out summer 2011. I would put money on it. I dont think it will be a huge update. More like the 3GS was over the 3G...

iPhone 5 will be out summer 2011. I would put money on it. I dont think it will be a huge update. More like the 3GS was over the 3G...

that will be my second thought. Maybe iPhone 4 with no home button? the big iPhone will be out next year due for 4g on both networks

I would be very surprised if it is a 4g phone. The network isn't really up yet for anyone besides sprint I guess? But still VZW in my opinion isn't ready for a 4g iphone

I am willing to bet money that the next phone will be 4g and not much of an upgrade besides 4g. Unless you guys have heard something else. I think iPhone5 will be 2012. Then one I will be eligible for! 4g I bet will be available in 64 gig and maybe a boosted processor. I have no inside info tho. Just a guess. I hear ATT is real close to having 4g ready in metro areas. Have heard it's coming in Pittsburgh where I live.

I am willing to bet money that the next phone will be 4g and not much of an upgrade besides 4g. Unless you guys have heard something else. I think iPhone5 will be 2012. Then one I will be eligible for! 4g I bet will be available in 64 gig and maybe a boosted processor. I have no inside info tho. Just a guess. I hear ATT is real close to having 4g ready in metro areas. Have heard it's coming in Pittsburgh where I live.

Actually, Apple is good about releases every year. The first rumors of dual core processors are dropping about the new iPhone. It probably will be coming this summer. I doubt very seriously it will be LTE or 4G. Apple doesn't tend to like being an early adopter. I would imagine the one after this year will be 4G/LTE.

Actually, Apple is good about releases every year. The first rumors of dual core processors are dropping about the new iPhone. It probably will be coming this summer. I doubt very seriously it will be LTE or 4G. Apple doesn't tend to like being an early adopter. I would imagine the one after this year will be 4G/LTE.

Well no one knows for sure so your guess is as good as mine. I am sticking with my prediction tho!

Well no one knows for sure so your guess is as good as mine. I am sticking with my prediction tho!

You're absolutely right. Apple is excellent at keeping things close to the vest. It will be a surprise to all of us when it hits.

I don't think it will still be 3G this year. Dual core processors are rumoured due to a new A8 chip (the 4G has an A4)

I think we will get an antenna fix like the verzion phone, the A8 chip a slightly better camera and perhaps 1080p HD video instead on 720p. 2012 will be the year of the 4G, on the 5G phone. Lol...

I don't think it will still be 3G this year. Dual core processors are rumoured due to a new A8 chip (the 4G has an A4)

I think we will get an antenna fix like the verzion phone, the A8 chip a slightly better camera and perhaps 1080p HD video instead on 720p. 2012 will be the year of the 4G, on the 5G phone. Lol...

We already know we're getting the antenna fix. The antenna had to be changed to work with CDMA. That part has been confirmed. I tend to be with you on the 4G, next year once it is more firmly planted around the country.

Why would they call it the iPhone 5? Doesn't seem to be following the trend. iPhone, 3G and 3GS. I would think iPhone 4G would sound better.

Why would they wait for 4G? They can still make it connect to 3G as well...

They can, but it still increases the cost of production to do the dual band radio. Apple is known for bracketing their upgrades, basically not putting all of their upgrades out there at once. If they did a major change of appearance, new processor, different screen AND LTE, that would be much more than they normally do. You build in growth, not throw everything out there at once. Plus, making that many major changes at once leaves the door open for many more potential problems with the product to be refined. Just production and marketing strategies.

Like I said, I could be wrong, but I would be surprised. It would be smarter to bracket improvements so they can have releases over the next two years. Really most of the better LTE phones won't be hitting the market until last part of this year, so that would put them in line to compete with them next year.

They can, but it still increases the cost of production to do the dual band radio. Apple is known for bracketing their upgrades, basically not putting all of their upgrades out there at once. If they did a major change of appearance, new processor, different screen AND LTE, that would be much more than they normally do. You build in growth, not throw everything out there at once. Plus, making that many major changes at once leaves the door open for many more potential problems with the product to be refined. Just production and marketing strategies.

Like I said, I could be wrong, but I would be surprised. It would be smarter to bracket improvements so they can have releases over the next two years. Really most of the better LTE phones won't be hitting the market until last part of this year, so that would put them in line to compete with them next year.

Yeah but that's the thing. I don't think they upgrade the screen, appearance or even processor. Like maybe a 1.2 ghz proc. A larger HD option. Fix the antenna and 4G. That's what I think. I just don't think you are going to see a major, major upgrade with how successful these have been. I don't really care tho. I won't be getting the next iPhone. The one after that I am interested in.