What's new

Verizon iPhone 5?

123amb

Reaction score
I have a question!

Since the iPhone 4 is coming out for Verizon on February 10th, is the next generation iphone, presumably named iPhone 5, going to be released for Verizon also probably around this summer? Or is it going to be like around every February Verizon will release their version of the iPhone?

My personal opinion...

I believe Iphone 5 will be out for verizon next year and not this year as apple I believe still has their contract with ATT&T in which it ends in 2012 and so verizon and att&t will get the next iphone(6) for both companies.
I am getting the iphone4 because I don't want to wait. Besides I think next years iphone(not this years) will be 4g capable because both networks are still building plus for me its not a needed thing since I love my 3g coverage as it is.

So from me, I don't think it'll be out this year instead sometime next year

My personal opinion...

I believe Iphone 5 will be out for verizon next year and not this year as apple I believe still has their contract with ATT&T in which it ends in 2012 and so verizon and att&t will get the next iphone(6) for both companies.
I am getting the iphone4 because I don't want to wait. Besides I think next years iphone(not this years) will be 4g capable because both networks are still building plus for me its not a needed thing since I love my 3g coverage as it is.

I agree completely with this. I think what we're looking at is a staggered release setting up for the near future for Apple. Money lines coming in twice during the year.

My personal opinion...

good points..I keep reading about what the next iPhone may or may not have...why to wait because of the 4G, 4G being more expensive and so on. my contract is up in July but talking with one rep they said I could upgrade in February, another said that I would have to wait til July 10 which by then there would supposedly be another iPhone out...but will it be for both ATT and Verizon or not...lol so funny reading all the comments on so many tech pages and everyone makes valid points on why to wait versus getting it this summer...decisions decisions. I guess if my phone keeps freezing on me that will make my decision a lil easier for me because I need my phone for work.

My personal opinion...

Agreed! i think we will get iPhones feb and At&t in June. But whos not to say the next iPhone wont be till feb 2012 for Verizon and at&t.

I don't think they will wait. Look at the Droids... right after the initial phones, they released new ones 6 months later. And they still keep rolling in.

Here in UK we have about 4 networks that have the iPhone. All get the new iPhone as it came out. It doesnt matter what month of the year the network first got the iPhone.

So both verzion and AT&T will (I think) get the new iPhone at the same time...

Apple is notorious for releasing their products the same time every year. The fact that they are even releasing the iPhone for Verizon now is quite a shocker. I think it is a testament to us. We Verizon customers have put such a huge demand on Apple to get the iPhone out on Verizon that they themselves have even stated that they realized they just couldn't wait any longer to release it.

It was also a good excuse to fix the antenna issue... ;)

The Verizon iPhone will already have the antenna fixed since they had to change it some for the CDMA. Wait, thinking about it, that might be what you had meant. Oops.

That's what I ment. Lol...

I figured that was it after I read it again. ROFL

The 5 is going to be a great phone I'm sure, but since my wife is coming off an LG Ally, I'm quite sure the 4 is going to be a great phone for her for now. I should have one more line grandfathered in after this, so the 5 can always be an option then. And if so, can always look at selling the 4 to pick up the 5.

If the 5 is going to be another 3GS I won't bother. I'm on a contract untill august 2012 anyway so the iPhone 6 should be out by then. Next time I think I will just buy the phone instead of a contract. They seem to hold value really well so it shouldn't cost that much to sell the old one and buy the new. I got £300 for my 3GS in September just after getting the 4...