What's new

Unlocked, jailbroke ready to tether, but a question

Shonuff

Reaction score
I just moved to Thailand and got an iPhone that is from USA. I got it unlocked and have a question about tethering. First, let me say it is a 3G ver 4.2.1, model MB048LL and firm 06.15.00. I am on a network here called True. Internet is not an easy thing to get at home here, so I was thinking I should get tethering on my phone and use it to connect my laptop to the internet... but I am a total newb and don't know much about the iPhone and hacking. I paid someone to unlock it, so I could ask them, but English is not easy for them to speak and understand.

First, it is possible? If not, thanks for replying. If it is, do I just need to go get a tethering app and it's easy? I really hope so!

If it is possible, what app and how do I get it? I went to Cydia and didn't really know what to look for, if that was the right place?

Also, I remember reading something about a phone being untethered jailbroken and having to connect to your laptop... is that something I need to worry about?

I really hope someone has experience with this and can help me. I really need internet! Thanks in advance!

Search in Cydia for MyWi, it is an app that allows your phone to become a hotspot that your laptop can connect to.

Just watch your usage if you are on a limited data plan, your laptop can use data much faster than your phone would.