What's new

Text message from ATT re: tethering??

Well I finally found it. The instructions say that it is under Settings/General/Network but the only thing I found there was the generic "internet tethering." Nothing labeled "Tetherme." But just under Settings I found Tetherme. Last night I got it to work but the laptop recognized it as "Network 8" whatever that means. Today, the laptop does not recognize it at all even though I have turned it on. Nothing comes up under the available networks except the one of the hotel at which I am staying tonight. MyWi puts an indicator on your phone's screen when you are transmitting but with Tetherme, there is apparently nothing to tell you if it is working or not.

I'm willing to jump through a few whoops to avoid detection but I'm sure about this Tetherme, yet. Seems kind of buggy.

Last edited:
TetherMe is not buggy at all, and again it enables native tethering it's not going to have it's own application or settings, its just the normal personal hotspot option in settings just like if you were paying your carrier for a tethering package:

img0243.png