What's new

Unlock iPhone 4S

Hi Jmills87

The "Sam unlock" only works with ICCID number of a particular sim, so if i need to use a different sim from the same network i.e. Vodafone. Is safe to plug Gevey Ultra S and the new sim card to unlock the phone?

Question:
1.) Will I be able to unlock my iPhone 4S using Gevey Ultra S while Sam unlock still in place i.e. installed?
2.) Will Gevey Ultra S affect or modify Sam unlock or destroy it?

Please advise?

Kind Regards
Bhavesh

Sam will give you access to one and only one sim used during activation process! While gevey will work irrespective of sim! Sam will fail when u restore or erase settings since its a software hack, while gevey will sustain as long as you preserve your baseband which comes under the ones supported by gevey!

Thanks for your update.

Currently I am on iOS 5.0.1 and unlocked with Sam and i have already backup my unlock ticket.

If I am to update to iOS 5.1 and jailbreak, install sam and restore my backup ticket will the sam unlock work as the backup was taken against 5.0.1?

Please advise ?

Yes, it will work perfect. All you need to do is place the LockDown folder in your iPhone once you upgrade.
The LockDown folder contains activation ticket corresponding to the SIM used during Sam unlocking and hence will activate it when you place the LockDown folder in there.

a very noob question ... How can I reactivate iPhone 4s with iOS 5.0.1 i`ve lost the origial micro sim and i`m about 4000 km from the nearest operator store (Orange France) and i am in Bulgariaand would like to use the fone with a local carrier, i`ve managed somehow to bypass the activition with the emergency number trick but can use it only as a Ipod Touch :)
... is the universal sim the only option ?

a very noob question ... How can I reactivate iPhone 4s with iOS 5.0.1 i`ve lost the origial micro sim and i`m about 4000 km from the nearest operator store (Orange France) and i am in Bulgariaand would like to use the fone with a local carrier, i`ve managed somehow to bypass the activition with the emergency number trick but can use it only as a Ipod Touch :)
... is the universal sim the only option ?

Yes, you will need a hardware unlock to unlock a 4S on 5.0.1. Also, make sure not to update the baseband because hardware unlocks don't work on the newer 4S firmwares. I believe Gevey and R-Sim both provide hardware unlocks for the iPhone4S.