What's new

Voicemail on Unlock iPhone 4S

brvaland

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just managed to unlock my iPhone 4S (5.0.1) using Gevey Ultra S and all works fine but unable to use the dedicated voicemail button on the phone.

Currently I can access voicemail by dialing 121 (vodafone UK) and it works but i would like to use the dedicated button.

I have done some research and found that we can program voicemail number but it only works on iPhone 4.

Is there a way to fix the problem?

Please help ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I have just managed to unlock my iPhone 4S (5.0.1) using Gevey Ultra S and all works fine but unable to use the dedicated voicemail button on the phone.

Currently I can access voicemail by dialing 121 (vodafone UK) and it works but i would like to use the dedicated button.

I have done some research and found that we can program voicemail number but it only works on iPhone 4 (Use this Hack to Activate the Voicemail Button on your Unlocked iPhone) so can someone help me 4S issue.

Is there a way to fix the problem?

Please help ?

I do not believe there is a fix for this on the 4S yet.

Alternatively....you can use YouMail. From the AppStore for free.

It is truly awesome. And will allow visual voicemail.

You cannot use visual voicemail on an unlocked iPhone.

If you jailbreak you can remove the voicemail tab from the phone app w/ a tweak called "StartDial".

This is what I do. I do this because the iPhone does not allow visual voicemail on wifi. Only on you cellular data. That's BS!lol.

So I remove that button and have my own app for it. You still get notifications from the YouMail app just as if it was the regular voicemail. Except you can always use visual voicemail instead of only on a 3G data connection. It is also way customizable too.

Google YouMail for iPhone, and read about how awesome it is;)

Thanks

I tried to search for youmail on app store but unable to locate it. I don't think it is available or may be only available to US.

brvaland said:
Thanks

I tried to search for youmail on app store but unable to locate it. I don't think it is available or may be only available to US.

Oh. Yeah....I think it is US only. Sorry:(