What's new

Unable to Jailbreak

roaddaw9

Reaction score
So I am trying to jailbreak my Verizon iPhone 4.2.8. I am using redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc17

After I give it the ispw file and it validates, I hit next. It then says the following

Unexpected error during preparation

Last night I was also trying to use snowbreeze, but it would make the customer ispw file but when I went to iTunes to apply it stated error 21 right after reboot to apply it.

Not sure what I am doing wrong, but any help would be appreciated.

I had the same issue on my Verizon iPhone 4.2.6 I spen two weekends and got no where. I ended up getting on craigslist and found a guy that would do it for 20 bucks. I was so pleased with it that I actually gave him 30. I am very pleased with it. I consider it money well spent!

So I am trying to jailbreak my Verizon iPhone 4.2.8. I am using redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc17

After I give it the ispw file and it validates, I hit next. It then says the following

Unexpected error during preparation

Last night I was also trying to use snowbreeze, but it would make the customer ispw file but when I went to iTunes to apply it stated error 21 right after reboot to apply it.

Not sure what I am doing wrong, but any help would be appreciated.

Try to jailbreak using the RC16 of redsnow. And you can get the original ipsw downloaded by iTunes at this location:
You should first allow hidden file to be showed, you can clic organize >folder and search options. in the popup wondow clic on tab "view" then mark "show hidden files, folders and drives" when that's done go to
C: user > username(your comp user name) > appData > Roaming > apple computer > iTunes > iPhone Softwarw Updates. In that folder you will find your the ipsw which was downloaded by itunes and used by itunes to upgrade your iOS. you can copy, NOT CUT the ipsw to another location like to your desktop. When you start redsnow and it arrive to step 2 browse to your desktop and find the ipsw there.

On a mac computer :
Home Folder/Library/Application Support/iTunes/iPod Firmware

It should work through then.

Unfortunately I have been playing with that and it does not. I been trying redsn0w but after I get past the first step of giving it the ipsw, it starts to patch the kernal and gives an unexpected error which stops it right away. I am so frustrated!

The exact error is unexpected error during preparation

Greenp0ison seems to work, but then the loader won't launch. It force closes right away

Where did you get the ipsw from, and do you have your phone connected to your computer at the moment redsnow is patching the kernels?

Ok, why don't you use the ipsw downloaded by iTunes into your computer?

Let me get that download and see if that makes a difference, will let you know in a few mins. Thanks for the help so far

No change, same unexpected error when I give it the new firmware right from Apple

Let me get that download and see if that makes a difference, will let you know in a few mins. Thanks for the help so far

Yes get the one downloadedby iTunes. It's in a hiden location in your computer, I've uploaded the address in my previous post. And have your phone connected to your computer. Also if you are using a windows pc, get admin privileges before using redsnow, and run the compatiblity mode for xp sp3.

I got the one from Apple and it made no difference. Still get the unexpected error.

I am on windows 7 64 bit, do you think that would make a difference?