What's new

Unable to Jailbreak

Well off to load a VM cause I do not have a second machine. I am going to try Windows XP SP3

Oh just so you know, I did do the compat mode as well. Did XP SP2 and SP3. Neither worked

Well off to load a VM cause I do not have a second machine. I am going to try Windows XP SP3

You do not need to have a windows xp sp3, you can just right click on redsnow on your desktop, and in the drop list chose "troubleshoot" in the proccess you should select "this software worked well on previous version of windows" then select "xp sp3" from the choice menu. You can make the compatibility mode right from your win7 os.

Tried what you suggested, no difference. I am thinking it is gotta be a 64 Bit issue. I hate to do it, but I am going to load a Win XP VM and see if it makes a difference. I needed one anyway so

Tried what you suggested, no difference. I am thinking it is gotta be a 64 Bit issue. I hate to do it, but I am going to load a Win XP VM and see if it makes a difference. I needed one anyway so

Ok do that.

OK so no go on the Windows XP machine. RedSnow did the same thing..... but I then saw that maybe Redsnow can't work. Here is my current setup.....

Windows 7 64 Bit Pro

iPhone 4.2.8 (CDMA, Verizon)

GreenPoison - Works but Loader keeps force closing

RedSnow, Unexpected error after providing ipsw file (Stage 2 at patching kernel)

Snowbreeze - I get the ipsw file built with no problems, either error 29 or 1600 when trying to apply it in iTunes

I am completely at a lost as to what I am doing wrong now.

Did you get a previous version of redsnow? Or still using the latest one? Use the rc16 and get it from the dev team blog if possible. Or just google for it.

I have tried rc16 and rc17...... I always get the same result which is the error

It's really weird. And where did you get those redsnow from? The dev team blog?

I don't recall where I got rc17, but rc 16 came from the dev site 100% sure

the last thing redsn0w says before the error is patching kernel