What's new

The value of an unlimited data plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unleashed said:
Some carriers say unlimited when really it is not

Its not unlimited. At least with the carriers here it says unlimited but en the small letters say up to 1500 minutes a month, up to 1500 sms a month, up to 1500 Mb a month

Its not unlimited. At least with the carriers here it says unlimited but en the small letters say up to 1500 minutes a month, up to 1500 sms a month, up to 1500 Mb a month

in Cyprus we get 2GB from cyta but in the uk there is true unlimited for £10 and £15 a month from o2 and 3.. but I only get through around 4-6GB a month any way

Unleashed said:
not much at all but I bet you use wifi most of the time.. When I use unlimited data plans I turn off the wifi connection to make sure I use up more 3G data lol

I do when i am at home and at places where there is wifi. I dont listen to music or download stuff on the road so i dont use up too much, mostly notifications, beowsing, some foto uploads and such

I dont either download on the go.. I leave all the app store downloads for home but even then its using 3G lol

Unleashed said:
I dont either download on the go.. I leave all the app store downloads for home but even then its using 3G lol

I have a fast wifi at home, and a good wifi at one of the places where i work. So no reason to be on 3G

I have a fast wifi at home, and a good wifi at one of the places where i work. So no reason to be on 3G

so do I .. I am on a 60mbit cable connection lol but because I have unlimited 3G I like to use it a lot.

and even while out and about there are many wifi hotspots so there is very few times where wifi is not an option like driving on the high way

I have unlimited data grandfathered in as well. And for those of you that don't know you can upgrade to an LTE device and not loose the unlimited data. My mother recently upgraded from an OG droid to a new razr and didn't loose the unlimited data. Only thing that changes is the phone.

EyePhone4 said:
I'm grandfathered too with unlimited w/ Verizon.. Question is, when it's time to upgrade, can you keep your same plan or it changes??? Hopefully i can keep it, not to worried to jump on that LTE just now..

You keep the same plan.

Does anyone know if there any updates on the iphone data plan for SPRINT I only get 0.28 mbs for my DL speed and well lets just say that my up speed never got off the ground! please help.

I also ran it on a separate phone and its also running the same, up speed on it was 0.05 mbps..... this is a SECOND iphone 4s i have under the sprint data plan

so do I .. I am on a 60mbit cable connection lol but because I have unlimited 3G I like to use it a lot.

and even while out and about there are many wifi hotspots so there is very few times where wifi is not an option like driving on the high way

I do the same thing. I sometimes have to drive out-of-town and do night driving. Since the Interstates are pretty empty at night, I'll watch some Star Trek:TNG on Netflix on my iPhone. I just hold it in front of the steering wheel. -LOL-

*Rubs his chin* I wonder how much data I use like that on their network?

I do the same thing. I sometimes have to drive out-of-town and do night driving. Since the Interstates are pretty empty at night, I'll watch some Star Trek:TNG on Netflix on my iPhone. I just hold it in front of the steering wheel. -LOL-

*Rubs his chin* I wonder how much data I use like that on their network?

haha nice! bit dangerous though and hard to concentrate on the road and watching the netflix movies..

10GB+ easily per month

Status
Not open for further replies.