What's new

Verizon users - say goodbye to unlimited data

Oh Verizon why dost thou wound me in this manner? Do I not already bleed green enough for you every month with my eight devices?

My regional provider did the same thing when they released the iPhone. I went from unlimited (5 gig) to a 2 gig plan because I wanted my precious iPhone. I don't even come close to using 1 gig so it didn't bother me or the wife ( thank God for wifi) bit I can see where it could be a problem for some people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just switched to the iphone 4s from the galaxy nexus. This will likely make me switch back to the nexus seeing as how the only thing I hated about the phone was the crappy battery life. Lol i'm sure they're doing this because they know the iphone 5 will sale well but screw it no matter how good it is i'm going to enjoy my unlimited data for as long as I can. Besides i'm on a military post so I doudt my service will improve much. Lol everyone's service sucks on post.

That did not take long... all carriers who do true unlimited data seem to regret it X amount of time later and then you get carriers that say unlimited but really offer 500mb and then charge crazy amounts for each mb you use

Tricon7 said:
If a Verizon user decides to upgrade his device (say, to an iPhone 5 when it comes out), he can say goodbye to his grandfathered unlimited data plan. He'll just be another Joe who has to pick a regular data plan.

Upgrading Your Verizon Device? Say Goodbye to Unlimited Data | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

It's not that big of a deal, is it? My daughter does not have unlimited due to her not being a previous customer when she signed up with Verizon and she shares her data a and they are teenagers and don't go over their monthly allowance. I guess I will find out in less than two years how it lasts with my usage :)

I never had unlimited data any way so don't effect me at all. :)

I never had unlimited data any way so don't effect me at all. :)

even better for you.. I could probably be ok with 10GB's a month but its either 500mb's/1GB or unlimited so unlimited all the way

Wonder how long until Sprint decides to drop unlimited plans.

Like most carriers it will probably be until a lot of people use crazy amounts using tethering apps and use up over 50GB's a month and the carrier realises that it is costing them too much money for data and they regret offering it like carriers here in the uk from it being offered by most of them now only two carriers offer true unlimited data and one of them is already thinking about putting a limit and the other carriers say unlimited but then charge you crazy amounts of money after using up 500mb or 1GB if you pay extra and I still dont know how they get away with saying unlimited

I'm GLAD the carriers are doing away with unlimited. Most of us on here don't have that plan and were sick of all the moochers clogging the network. About fricken time.

perezr10 said:
I'm GLAD the carriers are doing away with unlimited. Most of us on here don't have that plan and were sick of all the moochers clogging the network. About fricken time.

Huh...I never though of that.lol.

Tho I would hardly call them moochers.lol. Just lucky.

But now that I think of it this is great news!!! Hopefully the connection will be a lot faster now.

Thanks for ponying that our. Now I have something to loo forward too.lol.

If a Verizon user decides to upgrade his device (say, to an iPhone 5 when it comes out), he can say goodbye to his grandfathered unlimited data plan. He'll just be another Joe who has to pick a regular data plan.

Upgrading Your Verizon Device? Say Goodbye to Unlimited Data | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Ok currently if you upgrade your Phone from a basic or 3G phone to a 4G phone. You wont loose your Unlimited Data if you have it. How do i know this? Cause i'm a CSR for Verizon...

Huh...I never though of that.lol.

Tho I would hardly call them moochers.lol. Just lucky.

But now that I think of it this is great news!!! Hopefully the connection will be a lot faster now.

Thanks for ponying that our. Now I have something to loo forward too.lol.

This is the complete truth. Customers will have to Change over to a new data plan in the near future. I'm not sure on how Verizon will do this but currently you will keep it if you have it...

WOW! That's an odd way to look at it. I don't begrudge anyone who has something that I don't. I don't understand how you can call someone a moocher that has been paying for unlimited data for 10+ years. A moocher gets something for nothing. We're paying customers that have been loyal Verizon customers for years.