What's new

Verizon users - say goodbye to unlimited data

here is what verizon told me about this, copied from my email

To answer your questions simply, we are not forcing anyone to give up their unlimited data plans. As we have stated publicly, Verizon Wireless has been evaluating its pricing structure for some time. Customers have told us that they want to share data, similar to how they share minutes today. We are working on plans to provide customers with that option later this year. When the new options are introduced, Unlimited Data will no longer be available to our customers purchasing handsets and signing a new contract. Customers who choose to purchase phones at full retail price and are currently on an Unlimited Smartphone Data plan will be able to keep that plan. We will share specific details of the plans well in advance of their introduction so customers will have time to evaluate the plans and make the best decisions for their wireless service. It is our goal and commitment to continue to provide customers with the same high value service they have come to expect from Veri zon Wireless.

Thank you again for contacting Verizon Wireless. We appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns, but should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to send another email with the correct Billing Account Password or call us directly at 1-800-922-0204. I hope you have a wonderful day.

A person that has an unlimited plan that was offered to them by Verizon is hardly mooching. They only have what Verizon sold to them.

I agree also! I've had my unlimited plan for years, why, because that was Verizon's plan. I can honestly say I do not abuse it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chopperguy said:
I agree also! I've had my unlimited plan for years, why, because that was Verizon's plan. I can honestly say I do not abuse it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What exactly is "abusing" it?

What exactly is "abusing" it?

abusing it would be using the tetherme app or 3g un restrictor and downloading 50-100GB's of data on a monthly basis and when a lot of people do so it slows down the network and not only that but costs the carrier a lot of money and they all regret offering unlimited data sooner or later

Unleashed said:
abusing it would be using the tetherme app or 3g un restrictor and downloading 50-100GB's of data on a monthly basis and when a lot of people do so it slows down the network and not only that but costs the carrier a lot of money and they all regret offering unlimited data sooner or later

Oh I see.

I consider that using what they tell you you paid for.lol.

There fault for giving unlimited data if ya ask me. Nothing gold can stay, so use it while ya got it.

But I hate that slows down the network....which is why I can't wait til Verizon drops unlimited data to certain customers.lol.

So let me see if I understand - if Verizon moves to 4G service (at least where I live, which doesn't currently have it), or if I trade my iPhone 4 in for an iPhone 5 (or 6 or 7 later on), I lose my unlimited plan. But if I buy outright an iPhone 5 when it comes out at full retail (and have to sell my iPhone 4 on eBay or something), I keep my unlimited plan and have to settle for 3G the rest of my life. Which begs the question of what if Verizon completely moves to 4G everywhere at some point, leaving me no choice but to start using 4G (I have a 3G phone and service now). Would this be considered an "upgrade" in their eyes, thus justifying a contract cancellation?

Tricon7 said:
So let me see if I understand - if Verizon moves to 4G service (at least where I live, which doesn't currently have it), or if I trade my iPhone 4 in for an iPhone 5 (or 6 or 7 later on), I lose my unlimited plan. But if I buy outright an iPhone 5 when it comes out at full retail (and have to sell my iPhone 4 on eBay or something), I keep my unlimited plan and have to settle for 3G the rest of my life. Which begs the question of what if Verizon completely moves to 4G everywhere at some point, leaving me no choice but to start using 4G (I have a 3G phone and service now). Would this be considered an "upgrade" in their eyes, thus justifying a contract cancellation?

Verizon has not stated anything of that nature. So at present that scenario can not be answered. Odds are if you buy a phone at retail you will keep your unlimited data even if you switch from 3G to LTE. But that is speculation based on their past contracts and packages.

The good news is VWZ has now stated publicly they will announce everything this summer and will give everyone time to evaluate the situation. I am impressed they stated that.

This issue has nothing to do with LTE moving into an area. It's all about the contracts and handsets. LTE simply moving into your area is not going to change anything with your contract status.

Oh I see.

I consider that using what they tell you you paid for.lol.

There fault for giving unlimited data if ya ask me. Nothing gold can stay, so use it while ya got it.

But I hate that slows down the network....which is why I can't wait til Verizon drops unlimited data to certain customers.lol.

Man it sound to me like u hating coz u dont have an unlimited plan. i have an unlimited plan and honestly i dont know how much data i use but i doubt is anything much maybe a gig or two but i still like knowing that i dont have to monitor my use and if i have any big downloads i just do it at home over my wifi so i dont think its cool what u doin coz if we dont get together and stop these unfair practices then we all loose even if it doesnt affect u, just my two cents hope u get the message and not mad :cool:

Just by the iphone 5 or right from apple and don't tell verizon u have it.

So u keep u unlimited data plan and have a unlocked phone to boot.

Actually guys there is one way around this "end of unlimited data" thing. Verizon WILL let you keep your unlimited data package if you buy your new device full price with no contract. I have personally done this myself with one of the lines on my account. Plus it's posted on their website in an article they have about it if you read the whole thing. If you don't belive me just call a rep and you'll see for yourself.

Actually guys there is one way around this "end of unlimited data" thing. Verizon WILL let you keep your unlimited data package if you buy your new device full price with no contract. I have personally done this myself with one of the lines on my account. Plus it's posted on their website in an article they have about it if you read the whole thing. If you don't belive me just call a rep and you'll see for yourself.

Yes, that's discussed in the newer "unlimited data" thread.

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i...erizons-unlimited-data-plan-new-phones-41578/

I posted such info yesterday just above your post.

Since I can't really afford to pay $600+ for a new phone my plan is to wait a year and get the 5 used. I'll still be able to get a few bucks for the 4s to help defray the cost. My days of being on the cutting edge are over since I really want to keep my unlimited data. I'll just have to deal with getting used phones for here on out.

DroidConverted said:
Since I can't really afford to pay $600+ for a new phone my plan is to wait a year and get the 5 used. I'll still be able to get a few bucks for the 4s to help defray the cost. My days of being on the cutting edge are over since I really want to keep my unlimited data. I'll just have to deal with getting used phones for here on out.

Hey man....as long as you find the rite seller, who always kept there phone protected in some way, it's not that bad.

Of coarse nothing beats a brand new phone.

Old ladies.lol.

Half of every old lady I met in my area have an iPhone. I know because I do volunteer work at the public library.lol.