What's new

The OFFICIAL Jailbreak Updates Thread

chazzw

Reaction score
Limera1n link here > http://www.limera1n.com/

Im going to test this now....

Update 9/10 -
Geohot’s Return with Limera1n is REAL ! Can Jailbreak all iOS 4.1 Devices for Life!

Info Here - Limera1n iOS 4.1 Jailbreak is REAL [Confirmed] | Redmond Pie

Update 8-10 @ 9:30 BST by Chazzw - Greenpois0n Will be Released on Sunday 10/10/10 - And will be Untethered!

Now for the bad news.....the previous reports that it was an "all device exploit" has turned out to be false.

Greenpois0n only supports the following devices:

iPhone 4
iPad
iPod touch 4
AppleTV 2

Some of the tweets from last night
@p0sixninja Things have progressed to the point where we don't expect anymore roadblocks. ETA for greenpois0n is 10/10/10 at 10:10:10AM
@chronic greenpois0n supports: The iPad, the iPhone 4, and the iPod touch 4. Probably the AppleTV as well.
For More Updates Look below.

Greenpois0n
Chronic Dev Blog & Chronic Dev RSS Feed
Dev-Team Blog

Twitter

Team
bugout
comex
CPICH
bushing
iZsh
marcan
MuscleNerd
planetbeing
pumpkin
pytey
saurik
wizdaz
chronic
chronicdevteam
pod2g
posixninja
OPK
semaphore
AriX
Jaywalker

Beware of Fakes!!!
If you didn't get your Jailbreak from either of the sites above (or those affiliated with them) then you are risking permanently bricking your Phone. ALWAYS get official releases from official websites.
Don't come here crying cos you downloaded some amazing Jailbreak from bit torrent and now your iPhone is bricked..... your be molested by a mischievous Badger....

Some Usefull Info
If you are on Firmware 4.0.1 on ANY device the go to http:\\jailbreakme.com from your iPhone and follow the instructions

iOS 4.0.2 WILL NOT BE JAILBROKEN - DONT ASK - YOU WILL BE ATTACKED BY A RABID FERRIT

Back up your SHSH Blobs so you can restore to older iOS versions even if they are not "signed" anymore. Use Firmware Umbrella

Use iFunbox to browse the file system of your iPhone via USB Cable. No need for OpenSSH

Post your questions in this thread - Please stop making new threads for the same thing over & over.

Thanks to DannyBoy for making this Sticky!

Last edited:
Thank you for this. Hopefully this would prevent all the newbies from creating the same retarded thread over and over again

Thanks
I've been wanting to make an official thread like this also but just didn't feel like it :p

all these other threads are starting to confuse people

Hey guys,

In danger of sounding noobish, I need something cleared up.

As I have written in my other thread, I just bought two new iPhones 4 shipped with 4.0.2. for me and my dad.

I have come to peace with the fact that theres no way to jailbreak it. Thanks for the reply there. :)

So im prepared to wait for the 4.1 and the jailbreak for it, to unpack the phones.

But when the 4.1 and jailbreak is ready, how would the jailbreak and unlock process look like? (Please bear with me, but my experience with jailbreaking and unlocking is outdated, and I like to be prepared. :) And I need some ease to ensure that I havent just spent 1260$ on two iPhones I can't use.)

I read that I might need a simcard for the activation, need to cut my simcard to fit the micro-simcard in the iPhone 4 etc.

So now im a bit confused. I need to know how the entire process from unpacking completely new iPhone 4's with iOS 4.0.2., how to upgrade them to 4.1, activate, unlock and jailbreak them, would look like.

I would really appreciate any help and reply on this, as long as it's constructive. :)

Thanks in advance, guys!

well first off, going up to 4.1 is super easy, just connect to itunes and itunes will alert you that there is a new firmware update (4.1) and ask you if you want to install just click yes, and as for the unlock you need the jailbreak, im not sure what it will look like, but im pretty sure that after you jailbreak you need to use ultrasnow to unlock it, (someone correct me if im wrong), and yes you may need to cut your simcard to fit the micro sim slot, they sell cutters you can use or maybe you can take it to at&t and ask them to cut it for you im really not sure, because when i bought mine it was already installed, hope everything works out for you and your dad and im looking forward to hearing how it goes

Thanks alot for the quick reply. I really appreciate the help. I already feel better. :)

One question though:
- Im from Denmark and got the new iPhones in the US. When I get home and the jailbreak for 4.1 is some time ready, and I connect the phone to iTunes for the first time, won't it prompt me for an activation? If yes, what will I do?

Is there anything else I should consider?

Thanks again for your help and patience. :)

Thanks alot for the quick reply. I really appreciate the help. I already feel better. :)

One question though:
- Im from Denmark and got the new iPhones in the US. When I get home and the jailbreak for 4.1 is some time ready, and I connect the phone to iTunes for the first time, won't it prompt me for an activation? If yes, what will I do?

Is there anything else I should consider?

Thanks again for your help and patience. :)

i think you should activate it first THEN jailbreak

confused about the activation process. Do I need anything from a provider, or can I just activate the phone by connecting it to iTunes? I ask because I've seen some posts about needing something from AT&T or buying a universal activation sim-card?

yeah im pretty sure you need a universal sim or a micro sim card from at&t, but to activate it you just connect it to itunes and call at&t just to make sure you have the right plan and all that

You'll have to explain this to me as if I was 8. :-/

Im from Denmark, but bought the phones last week in the US. I bought them without contract with AT&T. I have another simcard from my provider in
Denmark, but need the phone unlocked before I can use it.

But concerning the activation process, how do I activate it? Do I really still need something from AT&T and if yes, then why? Or is it necessary to buy a universal activation simcard?

As I mentioned before, im really noobish at this. I really need the step-by-step dummy guide here. :) That's why I keep thanking you for your patience, because I know it requires an extra effort and I really appreciate it.

What I need is something like:
"When you're from Denmark and already have a simcard from a danish tel-provider, and bought a iPhone 4 with 4.0.2, you need to do this:
- Unpack the iphone.
- Install iTunes (which version?).
- Activate the iPhone > Steps missing, please insert.
- Upgrade iPhone to 4.1.
- Jailbreak the iPhones > Steps missing (awaiting jailbreak).
- Unlock the iPhone > Steps missing (awaiting unlock).

Can you supply the missing steps to do with the need version of iTunes and the activation process?
Is the rest of the process correctly understood?

Again, thanks in advance. :)

im not certain but i think you can insert your simcard (if it fits), and activate your phone just by plugging it into itunes...and for the itunes you always want to have the latest itunes which i think is Version 10..and from there i think you can upgrade to 4.1 and then just a waiting game for you until the jailbreak comes out, but if ANYONE OUT THERE has more info or can explain it better please do so, i know my instructions are kinda blurry but thats because i really have no experience with this type of thing, but im pretty sure thats how it would go, sorry bro i cant be of more help

Well, Saku

Thats what im gonna try when i get home to Denmark next week. Im going to be alot more optimistic once I have it upgraded. Thanks alot for the help! :)

So just letting you all know that its gone a bit quiet with regards to Greenpois0n.
We will hopefully get an update soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk