What's new

The OFFICIAL Jailbreak Updates Thread

We have an update from Chronic-Dev in the first post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another Update added today

Very glad to see some updates, waiting patiently. Keep up all the great work DEV-Team

Hi all,

I am new to the forums and new to the whole jailbreak/unlock stuff.

I have an old iPhone 3G which came factory unlocked (from Italy) but I am in the US right now and I am really thinking about getting an iPhone 4 here.

Problem is they are already on 4.1 with baseband 2.10.4 when sold in the Apple Store here (I checked by buying one and then returning it :) ).

Now I know that the Dev Team is working on a Jailbreak release for 4.1 however there are numerous comments that make me tend to believe that they will never release a new Unlock for the baseband 2.10.4...

Comments from the Dev Team such as:

...hat’s because to use redsn0w at 4.1, you need to already have updated to official 4.1 from Apple. If you do that, you lose the ultrasn0w unlock (possibly forever)....

There’s currently no known way to revert your baseband — if you update your baseband you’ll lose the ultrasn0w unlock, possible forever.

really make it sound like whilst there will be a Jailbreak for 4.1, there will not be a new release of Ultrasnow (that is the one right?) for the baseband firmware to which your iPhone 4 will update if you accept the iTunes update to 4.1 or which comes with the ones sold at the Apple Store now.

One forum post I read somewhere else actually said there isn't even any talk whatsoever about a new version of UltrasNow and that they do not think that there will be a new version until iOS 5... how reliable that is I don't know...

I was just wondering if you guys have perhaps heard anything?

Hi all,

I have an old iPhone 3G which came factory unlocked (from Italy) but I am in the US right now and I am really thinking about getting an iPhone 4 here.

Problem is they are already on 4.1 with baseband 2.10.4 when sold in the Apple Store here (I checked by buying one and then returning it :) ).

Now I know that the Dev Team is working on a Jailbreak release for 4.1 however there are numerous comments that make me tend to believe that they will never release a new Unlock for the baseband 2.10.4...

...hat’s because to use redsn0w at 4.1, you need to already have updated to official 4.1 from Apple. If you do that, you lose the ultrasn0w unlock (possibly forever)....

There’s currently no known way to revert your baseband — if you update your baseband you’ll lose the ultrasn0w unlock, possible forever.

really make it sound like whilst there will be a Jailbreak for 4.1, there will not be a new release of Ultrasnow (that is the one right?) for the baseband firmware to which your iPhone 4 will update if you accept the iTunes update to 4.1 or which comes with the ones sold at the Apple Store now.

One forum post I read somewhere else actually said there isn't even any talk whatsoever about a new version of UltrasNow and that they do not think that there will be a new version until iOS 5... how reliable that is I don't know...

really a very good point!!! any inputs????

Hi all,

really a very good point!!! any inputs????

Anything you read that isn't on official websites is just speculation.

And as for the ultrasn0w comment.... This is why people who require an unlock should never update until the jailbreak and unlock is released. As I would imagine the next jailbreak will preserve your baseband.

confused about the activation process. Do I need anything from a provider, or can I just activate the phone by connecting it to iTunes? I ask because I've seen some posts about needing something from AT&T or buying a universal activation sim-card?

If I understand your issue, You don't need anything from a provider.
Just follow this video

iPhone 4 Activation Without Original SIM Card

Hope you will find it helpfully.

Anything you read that isn't on official websites is just speculation.

And as for the ultrasn0w comment.... This is why people who require an unlock should never update until the jailbreak and unlock is released. As I would imagine the next jailbreak will preserve your baseband.

Completely agree with you. However, I did not update, iPhones sold in the Apple Store now come with 4.1 pre-installed unfortunately. :(

i just bought an iphone 4 now and im going overseas, i did some research before buying and a lot of sources were indicating that dev-team is close to releasing the jailbreak and unlocking tool... the question is can anyone confirm that?? Does dev team has already succeeded in jailbreaking it but still putting it together in a tool or not?? is it a matter of days or months?! some people say that its going to be released in october or maybe later :S , and by jailbreaking it does that mean it can get unlocked too?? please help cuz else i'll just return it...
Thanks a lot