What's new

The official I've GOT MY iPhone 4s thread!

wicked said:
That's what I have now.

I have to say I really enjoyed the DROID X while I had it and have been impressed by the build quality of Motorola. There are just a lot if little things about android that got on my nerves and constantly having to reboot for a while there near the end. I definitely liked the WIFI tether with root for Using other devices

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Pacanis, try dialing "*228" then option "1" from your Iphone. I had same problem. this should activate your iphone.

Last edited:
Amazing even though AT+T said 14 to 21 days for shipping on my confirmation email I was happily surprised to have the phone delivered at noon today.
I just cant activate it lol. Will wait a day or two and try again maybe by then my case will have arrived for it

I got mine set up easily called AT&T to swap lines and get reset up since I sold my phone last week. Noticeably faster than IP4 but Siri doesn't recognize my voice. I can't get it to work!!!

Pacanis, try dialing "*228" then option "1" from your Iphone. I had same problem. this should activate your iphone.

Thanks. That didn't even work the 34th time ;^)
It appears to be a lost cause. It keeps coming up no service. Verizon even had me re-download iSO 5. I ended up calling THEM back instead of waiting. Another 1-1/2 hours lost. The phone just won't connect. I imagine they'll re-issue me one or something, since the fix seems to be eluding them.

Maybe I got an iPhone destined for all the folks having problems with At&t, LOL.

..luckily, since Verizon insisted on a delivery signature and there was nobody here to sign
until after 5PM. Activation failed at first, but succeeded (except for iCloud) after restarting.
Being an OS X developer, I already had an Apple ID, which may have helped.
This is my first iPhone, and after 2 years with a Motorola Droid, many things
seem weird. I really miss having dedicated menu and back keys.

There is probably a setting to keep it from going to sleep when powered by USB,
but I have yet to find it. One improvement, for me, is that an iPhone can
be held securely with one hand without disabling the touch screen.
The Droid screen is touch-sensitive to the edge..

..luckily, since Verizon insisted on a delivery signature and there was nobody here to sign
until after 5PM. Activation failed at first, but succeeded (except for iCloud) after restarting.
Being an OS X developer, I already had an Apple ID, which may have helped.
This is my first iPhone, and after 2 years with a Motorola Droid, many things
seem weird. I really miss having dedicated menu and back keys.

There is probably a setting to keep it from going to sleep when powered by USB,
but I have yet to find it. One improvement, for me, is that an iPhone can
be held securely with one hand without disabling the touch screen.
The Droid screen is touch-sensitive to the edge..

There is not a setting for the screen to stay awake during charging. There is only one setting that is used in all modes.

I pre-ordered mine on Thurs. Had an appointment at Best Buy Mobile at 10:30 Friday. No waiting. They gave me water and candy while we went through the process,-- a very peaceful transaction. My new phone is awesome. Never had any smart phone before. Trying hard not to worship it!

No one was home and we missed my delivery! It was expected the 21st, and they delivered the 14th. So, you should hear from me Monday! Or wednesday, when I get home

Just picked mine up from radio shack and checking it out.

Received mine yesterday ... have all of my 720 contracts moved using Google, I went online to Sprint and they insist that I take the battery out and find some code number in order to activate it....

Did anyone else have to go through that with Sprint ?

Received mine yesterday ... have all of my 720 contracts moved using Google, I went online to Sprint and they insist that I take the battery out and find some code number in order to activate it....

Did anyone else have to go through that with Sprint ?

used Sprint Chat to activate my phone ... worked great !