What's new

The official "I've pre-ordered my iPhone 5" thread!

What iPhone5 order did you order?

• iPhone 5 16GB

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • iPhone 5 32GB

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • iPhone 5 64GB

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Black & Slate

Votes: 21 67.7%
  • White & Silver

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters
really? I cant seem to get a uk call center and they keep telling me they have no nano sims but I am also told if you go into the store they can give you an adaptor and swap your number over as well in 2 hours so clearly the indians have no idea what they are saying but you phoned and managed it?
thats odd,i just dialled 333 from my mobile and it was sorted in about 10 mins,have you been ringing 333?

thats odd,i just dialled 333 from my mobile and it was sorted in about 10 mins,have you been ringing 333?

yep.. maybe because its Saturday but I tried everything to get a uk call center and the indians all just tell me there is no nano sim cards yet.. they have no idea what they are talking about ill just wait for monday and go buy one in store and get an adaptor as well :)

yep.. maybe because its Saturday but I tried everything to get a uk call center and the indians all just tell me there is no nano sim cards yet.. they have no idea what they are talking about ill just wait for monday and go buy one in store and get an adaptor as well :)
what rubbish,I have one,from them,sometimes it depends on who picks up the phone,i must have dropped lucky,its annoying though eh!

i just compared the nano sim with the micro sim and the nano isnt that much smaller,i expected it to be about half as big.

i just compared the nano sim with the micro sim and the nano isnt that much smaller,i expected it to be about half as big.

yeah from the pictures it does look about half as big and people are already selling nano sim cutters on ebay

what rubbish,I have one,from them,sometimes it depends on who picks up the phone,i must have dropped lucky,its annoying though eh!

I was actually heading into town to buy a nano sim but it was so busy I decided to go another day as its start of uni and buses full of people coming in and a circus is in town it looks like or something going on in that park so all the parking is taken and I am too lazy to walk there lol

After giving up with O2 I finally placed my order direct with Apple.com for a White 32GB!

The Archangel

yeah from the pictures it does look about half as big and people are already selling nano sim cutters on ebay

I was actually heading into town to buy a nano sim but it was so busy I decided to go another day as its start of uni and buses full of people coming in and a circus is in town it looks like or something going on in that park so all the parking is taken and I am too lazy to walk there lol
go on,have a nice walk,you can sit and have a coffee and watch the world go by :)

Ordered mine yesterday (black 64) through AT&T, and never received an email confirmation.
So, I called again (today) spoke with them (couldn't take the pressure of not knowing) here's what I was told;
The orders places on yesterday have NOT yet been processed. They will get to them today and tomorrow. So, I'm wondering does that mean that all the Apple orders and Verizon orders are now in FRONT of us because they (AT&T) only "took" the orders and not actually "processed" them? :-(
And second; I didn't receive an email confirmation because the rep did not correctly input my email address. Which means that a confirmation was sent to someone else. (double sad face) :-( :-(

Ordered mine yesterday (black 64) through AT&T, and never received an email confirmation.
So, I called again (today) spoke with them (couldn't take the pressure of not knowing) here's what I was told;
The orders places on yesterday have NOT yet been processed. They will get to them today and tomorrow. So, I'm wondering does that mean that all the Apple orders and Verizon orders are now in FRONT of us because they (AT&T) only "took" the orders and not actually "processed" them? :-(
And second; I didn't receive an email confirmation because the rep did not correctly input my email address. Which means that a confirmation was sent to someone else. (double sad face) :-( :-(

This is why ATT&T has such a bad reputation for customer service! Crap like this. Good luck!

db1561 said:
This is why ATT&T has such a bad reputation for customer service! Crap like this. Good luck!

Ive been with them since 1997 (US Cellular) then they went to AT&T, then Cingular and now at&t; and I've NEVER had this or any other issue. In fact they have been (to me) exemplary, until now. I told them yesterday that I've been with them longer than most of their employees. I'll keep you posted as to the outcome. But right now, I'm REALLY nervous :-(

I ordered about 2:20 a.m. Friday morning thru the AT&T website and received an email confirmation from them. The email said my order has been processed. I also received a text message from them saying that my order had been processed and that I would be notified when the order has shipped. So, hopefully you just got somebody that didn't know what they were talking about. Or maybe call back and get somebody different. Who knows what they might tell you.

Ordered mine through the apple store app and it gave me 2 weeks for delivery time, when I check it today it says shipping on oct 5. 😡

I preordered myself a 32g black iPhone 5 and my wife a 16g black iPhone 5 on Friday morning at 0210hrs central time through the Apple iPhone app. received confirmation for delivery on the 21st. (Best preordering experience of any iPhone so far)