What's new

Sync iPhone to new MacBook

dacakebeater

Reaction score
I bought a new MacBook Pro. I also have an Iphone4 which I usually Sync to my PC.

Since my MacBook is WAAAYYYYY better than my PC I want to start using the MacBook to sync my iPhone. The problem that I'm running into is if i connect my iPhone to my MacBook it will erase all of my information. I have backed up my pictures and i purchases majority of my music through iTunes so I can always re-download those.

How do I Sync my iPhone to my MacBook without loosing all of my info and without having to download a program to back up my iPhone. I have searched online for the answer but i have not found a clear answer, i would like to hear from someone that has done it before

i don't see why they make this soo difficult, i purchased a Apple phone and I'm running away from my PC and i want to use my Apple computer without loosing all of my information

Thanks in advance

also make sure you authorise your mac! click on Itunes on the top of the screen and then authorise this computer, otherwise your purchased apps wont sync on your device

Hi, don't mean to butt in here, but I'm having the same problem.
I've managed to transfer my purchased songs onto my new Mac, but is there any way to transfer the songs from my iPhone that weren't bought on iTunes i.e. were burned from CD?

Thanks for the help guys.

Burn them onto your new mac and add them to the macs iTunes library. If you don't have a CD burner in your mac then you can always 'borrow' the one from your PC or use a flash drive to transfer them over...