What's new

cant sync the Iphone 4 with MacBook??

thanks for your help but i downloaded the 10.5.8 but i cant install it because it pops up "Open failed, Couldnt open MacOSXUpd10.5.8.pkg. This package type requires Mac OS X 10.5."

Sorry to ear that but i think you can update from 1.4 to 1.5 without paid … i forgot in witch version i have paid the update …. as i always update all my computer for avoid trouble like the one you take face only in my Pc i have not move to Vista and yet don’t move to 7 as i get sick when i MUST use my PC …

but what i don’t understand is how the latest itunes could work if you stay in 10.4 ….

You need to purchase snow leopard single user version from either and Apple retailer , Apple store, after you upgrade you will be able to sync I have no idea of cost but it is not $499 that is a family pack. You need single user

Cheers Colin

10.4 you have now is Tiger.
10.5 is a Major update. It is Leopard
10.6 is Snow Leopard
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Mac-version-10-6-Snow-Leopard/dp/B001AMHWP8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1277480244&sr=8-2]Amazon.com: Mac OS X version 10.6 Snow Leopard: Software[/ame]
Here is Snow Leopard on Amazon for $29. But I'm not 100% if you can upgrade from Tiger to Snow Leopard, but I think you can.

what did you end up doing? I just saw your post. I too, had the same problem. everything you read will tell you you need the BOX set to upgrade, but I just got the 29.00 snow leopard and it workd fine!