What's new

iphone 5 wont connect to macbook pro, please hep!!!

ktmrider282

Reaction score
Hi, this has been driving me nuts lately, I have an iPhone 5 and the late 2014 macbook pro with the retina display running yosemite x I got the macbook 2 months ago and my iPhone used to sync fine with it, then when i would plug it in the phone would connect and disconnect several times a second, now when i plug the phone in nothing happens. No charging no syncing, no anything. And i do have all the latest software on both the computer and phone,and I've checked the computers usb ports and they all work fine, and the phone cable works fine too so it's not a hardware issue any help would be greatly appreciated because this is driving me nuts!! and i have several school assignments on my phone that i need to transfer to my computer so any help as soon as possible is greatly greatly appreciated!

Since you only got the MacBook 2 months ago, why not take advantage of the free telephone technical support. Call and explain your problem, they may be able to help.

I will probably end up doing that, i just wanted to see if there were anybody who had this problem and already knew a fix for it

You've already done most of the things we'd suggest.

I suppose you've also restarted iPhone and Mac and checked your security software? Checked that time, time zone and date are displaying the right information on your computer?

I've got a MacBook Pro on OSX Yosemite 10.10.3 and iPads from iPad 2 to iPad Air 2 as well as iPhones from the 4S to the 6 Plus and have never had a problem charging or syncing any of them. Did anything change or did you change anything on your MacBook or iPhone just before the problems began? Have you checked in preferences in iTunes on your MacBook to see if anything in the settings could account for it?

nothing has changed so i really don't know why this happened and time zones and everything on the display is fine

There is the possibility of a hardware failure. If the call to telephone technical support doesn't help they may suggest a Genius Bar appointment at the nearest Apple Store. If you go, take the MacBook, iPhone, and any cables that you used when trying to sync.

Last edited:
Let us know how it works out. I'm curious as to what can be causing your problem.

so this is really embarrassing, so what happened was i tried the same cord with different computers and it worked with all of them so i finally tried a different cord with my computer and hallelujah my phone synced right up :oops::oops::eek::eek::D:D

so this is really embarrassing, so what happened was i tried the same cord with different computers and it worked with all of them so i finally tried a different cord with my computer and hallelujah my phone synced right up :oops::oops::eek::eek::D:D
That's great news! Much better than an expensive repair job. Thanks for letting us know.