What's new

iPhone4 to iMac sync

drsfshah

Reaction score
Hello! I need a help prompto
I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 with lots of apps and music, photo and contacts. I had synced earlier with window7 OS itune on Dell laptop . Now I have purchased new iMac 21.7 inch and when I tried to sync my iPhone 4 with iMac ,I got a option in itune that the data on iPhone will be replaced by iMac and as Mac did not have any data or music , it would erase all my data on iPhone . I don't have access to my Dell laptop for backup and then resync , as my Dell laptop is conked off.
Can any one help me to sync to iMac without loosing data

drsfshah said:
Hello! I need a help prompto
I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 with lots of apps and music, photo and contacts. I had synced earlier with window7 OS itune on Dell laptop . Now I have purchased new iMac 21.7 inch and when I tried to sync my iPhone 4 with iMac ,I got a option in itune that the data on iPhone will be replaced by iMac and as Mac did not have any data or music , it would erase all my data on iPhone . I don't have access to my Dell laptop for backup and then resync , as my Dell laptop is conked off.
Can any one help me to sync to iMac without loosing data

Authorize the computer in iTunes and transfer purchases to pc (right click on device in iTunes and select transfer purchases from the sub menu)

Open iTunes
From the Store menu, choose Authorize This Computer. (In earlier versions of iTunes, access this option from the Advanced menu).
When prompted, enter your Apple ID and password, then click Authorize.