What's new

sync to new computer

alan_nicoluk

Reaction score
Evening all, I've had the IP4 since it came out and find it really good. Trouble is the PC that me IP4 is set up for is on it's last legs so I've taken the plunge and bought a macbook pro. My big concern now is I need to sync my IP4 to the mac book pro. When I do this will I loose all my stuff thats on my phone (all 18GB of it) since the phone is currently sync'd to my old laptop or should all the stuff thats on my phone automatically transfer over to my mac? If not can someone tell me how I get all the tunes/video's/apps transfered from my old laptop onto my mac?

Just go in and grab your iTunes folder Dan move it to your Mac. That will get your movies/music ect. Then when you sync on the info tab at the boottom is a check box that says merge. That will move the contacts ect. To your new Mac.

So I don't need to bother moving everything from my old laptop, just plug the phone into the mac and merge with the mac?

So I don't need to bother moving everything from my old laptop, just plug the phone into the mac and merge with the mac?

It will move the numbers. But you will havetoo move the music and movies.
So as I stated in the last post you will havetoo move the itunes folder also.