What's new

Something old to go with something new...

XDRoX

Reaction score
I got a special treat from the UPS man today. To celebrate my iPhone 7 which will hopefully be here this Friday I have found myself in Apple mode this week. I saw this little guy on the interwebs yesterday and had it over nighted to me.

As you can tell from my sig I have owned quite a few iDevices but never one of these. It came loaded with 480 songs and is in extremely good condition for its age. It holds a charge and booted up immediately. I had to stop by the tech office at my work today and dig up an old FireWire to charge it. There is no 32pin connector, only FireWire. We also had to pull out an old Apple Mac Pro Tower to plug it into.

Tonight I'm going to Fry's to buy a FireWire to ThunderBolt adapter so I can charge it at home and put my own music on it. Tomorrow I will be sporting this classic at work. I'm a high school teacher. BTW, I projected Apple's keynote last Tues in my classroom as I do every year. The kids loved watching it.

So why did I post this in the iPhone 7 forum, well if it wasn't for the new iPhone I wouldn't have gotten all Apple cray cray again and ordered this beauty. Sometimes the new stuff brings my back to the old.

Although it seems to work perfectly I've already watched some YouTube videos on how to drop a 128Gb SSD and new battery into this bad boy. These old iPods are very easy to work on.

Anyways here it is,

A8A2B001-1E65-42E8-938C-AF7E0737B3C2_zpsaaymkefk.jpg

I got a special treat from the UPS man today. To celebrate my iPhone 7 which will hopefully be here this Friday I have found myself in Apple mode this week. I saw this little guy on the interwebs yesterday and had it over nighted to me.

As you can tell from my sig I have owned quite a few iDevices but never one of these. It came loaded with 480 songs and is in extremely good condition for its age. It holds a charge and booted up immediately. I had to stop by the tech office at my work today and dig up an old FireWire to charge it. There is no 32pin connector, only FireWire. We also had to pull out an old Apple Mac Pro Tower to plug it into.

Tonight I'm going to Fry's to buy a FireWire to ThunderBolt adapter so I can charge it at home and put my own music on it. Tomorrow I will be sporting this classic at work. I'm a high school teacher. BTW, I projected Apple's keynote last Tues in my classroom as I do every year. The kids loved watching it.

So why did I post this in the iPhone 7 forum, well if it wasn't for the new iPhone I wouldn't have gotten all Apple cray cray again and ordered this beauty. Sometimes the new stuff brings my back to the old.

Although it seems to work perfectly I've already watched some YouTube videos on how to drop a 128Gb SSD and new battery into this bad boy. These old iPods are very easy to work on.

Anyways here it is,

A8A2B001-1E65-42E8-938C-AF7E0737B3C2_zpsaaymkefk.jpg
I've got one of these I bought last year with the original case, FireWire cable, and FireWire charger. It's in almost pristine condition. I even have a copy of iTunes 2 on CD ROM. The amazing thing is that the latest version of iTunes will still recognize and sync with an iPod this old, providing you can get the adaptors to connect the FireWire 400 cable.

I have an old one also. Had it since it was new. But not that old.

I've got one of these I bought last year with the original case, FireWire cable, and FireWire charger. It's in almost pristine condition. I even have a copy of iTunes 2 on CD ROM. The amazing thing is that the latest version of iTunes will still recognize and sync with an iPod this old, providing you can get the adaptors to connect the FireWire 400 cable.

Man I wish I would have read this before I went shopping last night. I drove pretty far and spent $28 on a FireWire to ThunderBolt adapter. Of course when I got home it didn't work because it is a FireWire 800 and not 400 adapter. I didn't even know there was a difference. So now I'm back at work and about to go see if I can dig up any 400 cords. If not I will have to order another 400 to 800 adapter off Amazon.

I never owned one, just an MP3 player
is that the same thing ? Which l still have. And it works fine sadly no Bluetooth. I keep getting these Emoji things popping up. Starting to drive me nuts, not to sure if like them or not.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

I never owned one, just an MP3 player
is that the same thing ? Which l still have. And it works fine sadly no Bluetooth. I keep getting these Emoji things popping up. Starting to drive me nuts, not to sure if like them or not.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.
Kinda but I have movies, videos and about 3500 songs on it. Never owned just a MP3 player so I can't say