What's new

SE2 and Wireless Charging

DallasFan

Reaction score
I traded in my iPhone 7 and upgraded to a new SE2.
The 7 served me well but it was 3.5 years old and it was getting difficult to recharge.
There was something inside the charging port that would not hold the charging wire properly.
I would have to twist the cable to make sure it fit properly. Sometimes the wire would move after it was plugged in to charge. I would return and there would be less power than when I started.

So.........I bought a new SE2 (Product Red). It was priced at $399 and TMobile was promoting it for $199. So I snatched it up before they ended the promotion.

It is the same size as the 7 but the internals are different. It has an A13 processor vs the A10, Bluetooth 5.0 vs an older version, AX wireless vs. the old BGN, a new battery that won't die early on me and wireless charging.

I don't need to plug it in anymore. No more wires, no more fail to charge events.

5G would have been nice, but it was not necessary. And I needed to replace my 7 before the port deteriorated any further and would not allow me to re-charge at all. I could not wait until Christmas to get a new phone.

I bought a wireless charging pad. It works fine but when it is mounted to re-charge, the charging pad remains lit. I tried going thru all the functions, but I can't find anything that allows me to turn off the light. Can I do this or does it always remain lit, while charging?

How do you change the details of your profile from Silver iPhone 7 to Red SE2?

I was going to ask this in the SE2 forum, but I did not see one.

Thanks

Last edited:
Try force starting your iPhone:
Press and quickly release the Volume Up button, do the same with the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Power button until the Apple logo appears.

Try force starting your iPhone:
Press and quickly release the Volume Up button, do the same with the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Power button until the Apple logo appears.

Thanks, it works as you promised.
How is life in Austria?
Did they shut down the schools and make the kids do home schooling ?
The Coronavirus has disrupted life in the states.
I have not had a haircut since the week after Valentine's Day.

---

Is there going to be a SE2 forum? Or should we post in the SE section.
They are two different phones.

Last edited:
Thanks, it works as you promised.
How is life in Austria?
Did they shut down the schools and make the kids do home schooling ?
The Coronavirus has disrupted life in the states.
I have not had a haircut since the week after Valentine's Day.

---

Is there going to be a SE2 forum? Or should we post in the SE section.
They are two different phones.
Just post in the SE section. :)

We’ve shut down schools in March, and our students have been learning at home since then. I’ve been busy the whole time, setting up weekly schedules, receiving their works from their parents via app, and giving them feedback.

We’re expected to open schools again on May 18th. Lessons will be different than before, though.

In general, Austria seems to be doing quite well at the moment. A few weeks ago, many of our shops were allowed to reopen. Our lockdown state ended today. We’ll see how all of this will continue.

I’m following the progress/numbers of Coronavirus cases in a few countries, and the USA are among them.
Stay safe, stay healthy!

The problem with the charging is likely a wad of pocket lint. Get a toothpick or a needle and scratch it out.