What's new

Is there something wrong with my 4s?

okkiedokki

Reaction score
I've been having intermittent issues lately. Today has been the worst (on verizon if that matters any). I went to make a call, the person picked up the other line and couldn't hear me at all even though I had 4 bars, and I could hear him perfectly. He hung up and I called again, same problem. Turned my phone off and then back on. Called him back and it worked. After I got off the phone I walked out the door and tried to use siri to text my wife that I was on my way. Siri wasn't working. I tried other things like setting up a reminder, or asking for weather, nothing worked. I turned my phone off and restarted it and then siri worked. Then when I got home I made a 20 min phone call, and now when I try to connect to the apple store. On 3G that is, on WIFI it's fine. I tried the same stuff on my wife's 4S and it all does what it's supposed to.

The issue with someone not hearing me on the other end really irritates me because my phone is for business and I can't be restarting it all the time. It happened twice today and normally happens once a day. Not sure if there's something I can do to fix the problem or if I should just trade it in for a new one.

I'm on iOS 5.0.1, my wife is on 5.0 if that matters also.

okkiedokki said:
I've been having intermittent issues lately. Today has been the worst (on verizon if that matters any). I went to make a call, the person picked up the other line and couldn't hear me at all even though I had 4 bars, and I could hear him perfectly. He hung up and I called again, same problem. Turned my phone off and then back on. Called him back and it worked. After I got off the phone I walked out the door and tried to use siri to text my wife that I was on my way. Siri wasn't working. I tried other things like setting up a reminder, or asking for weather, nothing worked. I turned my phone off and restarted it and then siri worked. Then when I got home I made a 20 min phone call, and now when I try to connect to the apple store. On 3G that is, on WIFI it's fine. I tried the same stuff on my wife's 4S and it all does what it's supposed to.

The issue with someone not hearing me on the other end really irritates me because my phone is for business and I can't be restarting it all the time. It happened twice today and normally happens once a day. Not sure if there's something I can do to fix the problem or if I should just trade it in for a new one.

I'm on iOS 5.0.1, my wife is on 5.0 if that matters also.

I'd trade it in at apple if u could why not sometimes it's a problem others it's tooany servers I don't know but rebooting once a day or every other day is what I do plus never let battery drain past 20pct except maybe 1x a month. Good luck

Just to update if anyone else has this issue, I went to best buy since that's where I bought my phone and I have a 45 day return policy with them. I talked to the mobile phone sales associate and told him my problem. He said he actually had another iPhone 4s customer come in last week with the exact same problem I had. They returned my phone and gave me a new one without a problem.