What's new

SHSH Blobs - Frequently Asked Questions

I have updated the first post for 2012, simplifying the FAQ a little and bringing it up to date with the release of IOS5, iFaith 1.4+, and redsn0w 0.9.9+

I just jail brake my iphone 4s , but im not happy with it and want to get it back the way it was . ( before jailbraking i synced the iphone with my itunes on my computer , should i just restore it ?
How I do it ?

AATT said:
I just jail brake my iphone 4s , but im not happy with it and want to get it back the way it was . ( before jailbraking i synced the iphone with my itunes on my computer , should i just restore it ?
How I do it ?

Hi
Hit the restore button on itunes.

any idea when the blobs will be useful for the iPhone 4S? the reason i ask is if Apple was to release iOS 5.1 on the 9th of March and the next day i accidently install a Cydia app that corrupts the jailbreak, what would i do to restore?

At the moment, there is nothing to make saving SHSH blobs for the 4S worth anything. Hopefully, the jail break community is working on it.

Until/unless something is done, you just have to be VERY careful with your jailbreak once Apple has stopped signing iOS 5.0.1. If you have to restore, you WILL upgrade to the newest iOS, you will NOT be able to downgrade and you WILL lose your jailbreak.

Bottom line: Be extra careful when installing any thing - protect your jail break!

Marilyn

So, Marilyn, I cannot use I faith to restore my jail broken ip4s which is on 5.0.1? I guess I will have to be careful..?

So, Marilyn, I cannot use I faith to restore my jail broken ip4s which is on 5.0.1? I guess I will have to be careful..?

No. Not until a boot level exploit found.

Just be really careful. You will not be able to restore.

Guys,
I have an iPhone 4. I saved te blobs with Cydia (version 4.3.3, 4.3.5, 5.0.1)
By mistake I have updated my iPhone to 5.0.1 and got baseband 04.08.11
Now my iPhone is not an iPhone it's an iPod touch. Is there a way to downgrade it and have a baseband that can work with Gevey SIM?
Can I get rid of the blobs 5.0.1?

Tymbark said:
Guys,
I have an iPhone 4. I saved te blobs with Cydia (version 4.3.3, 4.3.5, 5.0.1)
By mistake I have updated my iPhone to 5.0.1 and got baseband 04.08.11
Now my iPhone is not an iPhone it's an iPod touch. Is there a way to downgrade it and have a baseband that can work with Gevey SIM?
Can I get rid of the blobs 5.0.1?

Don't you mean you "accidentally" updated to 5.1?

And why would one "get rid" of 5.0.1 SHSH blobs?

Hehe....how does one "accidentally" update there iOS any way?lol. Never really got how that could happen.

Hi,

I have iPhone 4S (AT&T) and currently unlocked with Gevey Ultra S. I was thinking to save my iOS 5.0.1 SHSH blob and APTicket, so they can be used in future to downgrade.

I would not like to make any changes to iPhone i.e. Jailbreaking as if something goes wrong then i have to update to 5.1 and loss the unlock and because I am using the phone in UK (vodafone) so I cannot afford lose the unlock.

Please advise if there is a safe method that just plug and copy the required files for future use.

Thanks

brvaland said:
Hi,

I have iPhone 4S (AT&T) and currently unlocked with Gevey Ultra S. I was thinking to save my iOS 5.0.1 SHSH blob and APTicket, so they can be used in future to downgrade.

I would not like to make any changes to iPhone i.e. Jailbreaking as if something goes wrong then i have to update to 5.1 and loss the unlock and because I am using the phone in UK (vodafone) so I cannot afford lose the unlock.

Please advise if there is a safe method that just plug and copy the required files for future use.

Thanks

All you have to do is download Tiny Umbrella, open it,

Plug in phone

Click "Save SHSH".

Done.

That's it. Your don't to anything with your phone except plug it in.

And btw...you are too late. iOS 5.0.1 is not being signed any more. You waited to long.

Saving SHSH is nothing more than the click of a button. Heck, you don't even need to have your phone plugged in if your know the ECID.

However if you were jailbroken when 5.0.1 was being signed you may have 5.0.1 SHSH saved.

Jut open Tiny Umbrella and click save SHSH.

If 5.0.1 shows in the list then you have 5.0.1 SHSH..

If it does not.....your burnt on the 5.0.1 SHSH thing.

THIS IS WHY YOU ALWSY SAVE SHSH WITH TINY UMBRELLA AS SOON AS A NEW IOS IS RELEASED.

It is not possible that saving SHSH would do anything to your phone. All TU does is read your ECID to save your SHSH. But you'll see. ;)

Last edited:
So currently I can't save SHSH BLOB of 5.0.1 as I have not upgraded by phone 5.1. Can I not just plug in and open tiny umbrella and save it.