What's new

[PSA] iOS 7 release and SHSH Blobs

willerz2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
[Public Service Announcement]

With iOS 7 being released within hours of this, it's HIGHLY recommended that all users save their iOS 6.1.3 blobs regardless of device. Yes, meaning A5/A6 devices too. They may or may not be usable in the future but having them now acts as a safety net in case something does come up that allows you to utilize the blobs.

The release of iOS 7 will at 1PM PST or GMT/UTC -8. The signing of iOS 6.1.3 and 6.1.4 will close most likely within the hour if not within MINUTES of iOS 7 going public. Save your blobs while you still can.

Methods of saving:
  • Cydia- Access the TSS Center on the main Cydia page, and save your blobs
  • RedSn0w- Download the iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 IPSW for your specific device (make sure you differentiate GSM/CDMA, or the build types for the iPhone 5, wherever applicable), and save them in the 'Extra' section of RedSn0w.
  • iFaith- Simple and easy. Plug in your device, open up iFaith, and save locally
  • TinyUmbrella- Make sure you're on the latest version of TinyUmbrella, which is 06.15.00 at the moment. Plug your device in, go to the Advanced tab, and untick "Request SHSH from Cydia", then click Save SHSH or Save All SHSH.
After saving them locally (if applicable), you can host them up onto Cydia as a backup so that you can access them anywhere at any time.

Last edited:
That works as well. As long as you have a valid copy of your SHSH blobs + APTickets somewhere, it'll work just the same

[Public Service Announcement]

With iOS 7 being released within hours of this, it's HIGHLY recommended that all users save their iOS 6.1.3 blobs regardless of device. Yes, meaning A5/A6 devices too. They may or may not be usable in the future but having them now acts as a safety net in case something does come up that allows you to utilize the blobs.

The release of iOS 7 will at 1PM PST or GMT/UTC -8. The signing of iOS 6.1.3 and 6.1.4 will close most likely within the hour if not within MINUTES of iOS 7 going public. Save your blobs while you still can.

Methods of saving:

[*]Cydia- Access the TSS Center on the main Cydia page, and save your blobs
[*]RedSn0w- Download the iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 IPSW for your specific device (make sure you differentiate GSM/CDMA, or the build types for the iPhone 5, wherever applicable), and save them in the 'Extra' section of RedSn0w.
[*]iFaith- Simple and easy. Plug in your device, open up iFaith, and save locally
[*]TinyUmbrella- Make sure you're on the latest version of TinyUmbrella, which is 06.15.00 at the moment. Plug your device in, go to the Advanced tab, and untick "Request SHSH from Cydia", then click Save SHSH or Save All SHSH.
After saving them locally (if applicable), you can host them up onto Cydia as a backup so that you can access them anywhere at any time.

What does all this mean to a non techy girl with an iPhone 4S ?

Blobs are used for IPSW uses such as downgrading, re-restoring, etc. By saving them regardless of whether there's a present exploit to use them at the moment, you allow yourself some leverage space in case you need to downgrade or re-restore in the future

Sent via my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I used the Save fucntion inside of cydia yesterday and it didn't save anything. Now tinyumbrella says I'm out of luck. What the hell cydia?

Should I care to save my blobs if I'm not JB'd? I assume you're implying as such since 6.1.3 wasn't JB'd. And since I'm not JB'd and don't have cydia (damn that fateful boat run that claimed my phone 4.5 loooonnnng months ago), what would be the easiest method to save my blobs? (I reviewed the sticky, just have yet to execute)

TinyUmbrella 06.15.00, RedSn0w, iFaith are the common methods.

TinyUmbrella 06.15.00, RedSn0w, iFaith are the common methods.
I have a new iPhone 5s with iOS 7. I was unable to save the SHSH from iOS 7 on Tinyumbrella v7. Is there a way to save the 7 before upgrade? Thank you for any insight.
I am also waiting for the jailbreak with high hope.
Drjoepa

Last edited: