What's new

Should I return my iPhone?

Ohradio

Reaction score
I got it a few days ago. Today my battery went from 100 to 10. It was actively used for 6 hours. 3 on Internet, 3 music, and rest texting etc. Is this normal? Should it be going down less? Thanks in advance. Love it otherwise but I'm skeptical about the battery.

Last edited:
I got it a few days ago. Today my battery went from 100 to 10. It was actively used for 6 hours. 3 on Internet, 3 music, and rest texting etc. Is this normal? Should it be going down less? Thanks in advance. Love it otherwise but I'm skeptical about the battery.

Here are a few tips on saving battery life. Turn push, notifications, location ad wifi off. Turn auto brightness on and slide brightness under 50% or below. Close all apps by double clicking home button and holding app till it wiggles. You should see a minus sign. Click it. Once a month power cycle your device. You'll be surprised how long the battery last.
62eaa4a5-bc9b-6c42.jpg
pic of my usage.

I get about 6 1/2 hours of usage. Standby time varies, but usage is consistent.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I get about 11hrs usage and 22 hrs standby if normal usage. I would post the screenshot but I actually deleted it. Depending on what you do, you could save a lot of battery life.

Was your 3 hours of Internet and 3 hours of music over 3G or WiFi? Because if it was WiFi, that sound about spot on normal. If it was 3G, then that is bloody fantastic.

Sounds about normal to me. Give it a few more days to see how it settles. Try it for a day (if possible) to NOT USE anything and see what your battery does. This may give you an indication of "background" programs you may have running.

I can get two full days on my phone with texting, phone calls and minimal Internet usage. If I'm using it a lot like usual then I charge every night but even after a day of heavy usage all day (Internet, games, music, videos, texting and calls) it's never below 20% by the time I go to bed...

Internet was it on GPRS/3G or on wifi?

About battery life... The way many people use any smart phone, it is very good battery life if you get 6-10 hours of use... You have to remember that the smart phones nowadays are really miniature laptops with a VERY small battery capacity. Soooo, to all the power users who ***** about only maybe a day's service,,, stop your bitching and realize that you are indeed getting appropriate battery life considering the size of the device/battery...

you're quite right, gotohell... I'm surprised the very small battery lasts as long as it does, considering electronics involved and the power it takes to transmit those phone calls and 3G usage to a tower.

I think that you shouldn't be that skeptical. I don't use it that much time but I think that's normal.