What's new

My experience with Apple Australia

Daca

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm one of the iPhone 4s users who is experiencing extremely short battery life, ranging anywhere between 8 - 10 hours at the most, even with lite usage and everything turned to manual.

I do not listen to the music or play any games, and my battery life is still appalling.

Went today to Apple store in George St, Sydney where the OS has been re-installed (if that's the word). They believe that my short battery life is firmware related. I was given another week to test the phone, and will return back for sure if my problem is not solved with what they've done today.

I can not say that they were very happy with what I've told them, but I don't really care as I paid for the phone and want it to function properly, period.

I'll keep you posted as this is my first apple product ever, and not very happy with battery life at all.

It'll be interesting as to how are they going to handle this.

:)

This morning I discovered that the phone battery didn't even last 10 hours in stand-by mode ... fully recharged before I went to sleep, after less then 10 hours the phone was dead.

It looks the firmware update didn't work, this phone still has bad battery life.

;)

/

That really is appalling. I would be taking it back again and demanding that they replace the battery or give you a new phone. I have a iP4 and can get 3 days with light use out of the battery. I know that the iP4s have more features and therefore will use more power but geez, 10 hours is ridiculous!

Welcome just return the phone for replacement it is not the end of the world. You had a software restore not firmware update unless it is 5.02 now installed. Considering the millions of phones that have been sold one can expect a few to have issues. Apple as a company offers the best support for any IT company period and further more has the highest customer satisfaction rate so you return just ask for a replacement it is that simple. Keep in mind the number of poor battery issues is very small when you look at the total sold world wide.

No one said its end of the world, but I was expecting a better resolution as this will be my third time traveling from Liverpool area to the so called genius bar in the city.

As for number of the phones affected by the poor battery life I wouldn't agree its just a few out of millions. There was a tread that was closed recently, and there were not only a few complaints there (hence the closure of the tread I guess).

I'll see what will they do when I re-visit them next week-end.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers!