What's new

My iPhone 4s is lower on ram than it should be

Make sure you run Cydia at least once prior to removing and installing Cydia via MobileTerminal. Option 12 is what you're looking for when using Terminal-based utilities like MobileTerminal or Terminal for Mac, or PuTTy for Windows. It's recommended that you not use the GUI and manually use the 'rat' command either on MobileTerminal, or any terminal/SSH based UI on a computer.

The method of getting Cydia on your device is actually the very same method. In jailbreak utilities, it's already embedded in there. Once you're rooted, and a basic SSH connection has been established, it will run apt-get install Cydia because Saurik's source was previously loaded onto your device, so it knows which directory to get it from. The source is not removed, so even after using ILEX R.A.T., as long as you run Cydia once after using ILEX R.A.T., you shouldn't run into any issues.

Uhm... I do apologize if I'm making you waste time but I can't understand some things... What do you mean run cydia at least once? If I installed ILEX R.A.T. I must have run it or did I understand wrong?

What do you mean that I shouldn't use the GUI? I'm not sure what that stands for, is that the app?

So basically I should use option 12 from the iDevice's mobile terminal, once I do that I run cydia, then I delete it through the computer? Uhm... if so... How?

Yes. The GUI is the actual visual that comes up when you tap on the app. Avoid using that.

The reason why you want to run Cydia at least once before you attempt to re-install it is because you want to make sure that the cache directory is still present for Cydia prior to re-installing it so that you're guaranteeing yourself that you're removing all directories of Cydia and starting afresh.

You don't delete anything from your computer. You can use MobileTerminal.

Steps:

1) Run ILEX R.A.T. option 12

2) Do not choose to remove MobileTerminal (you can remove it and just re-install MobileTerminal after using ILEX R.A.T.)

3) Run Cydia once to initiate a cache

4) Remove and install Cydia again

But uhm... how do I remove and reinstall cydia? I mean how do I do the apt part? Sorry, there's many things I don't know and to be honest with you I've never used mobile terminal on an iDevice nor on a computer. I thank you a lot for your mighty kindness

Think of MobileTerminal on the iOS device as a command prompt for Windows, or if you're using Linux/OSX, it's almost identical to them. It's a method to manually run commands to execute actions on your device. Much like how you can run commands like "ipconfig /flushdns" to flush your DNS cache on Windows, it's an easier way to get something done without having to root through the dirt.

To remove Cydia, you would type in the command "apt-get remove Cydia". To install, type in the command "apt-get install Cydia".

Thank you very much! Now I understood I wasn't sure about it! I had only one last question, only cydia tweaks should get removed right? And nothing should happen to apps and settings right?

You very much for being so kind, if it weren't for you I would have had this problem forever

If you select option 12, it's a complete wipe. Option 2 is tweaks only.

No problem. That's what the forum's for.

And to try to solce this problem I should do a complete wipe? Or only tweaks would work since I'm trying to fix battery drain?

indeed it's a forum but you're incredibly kind too

I would recommend option 12 to make sure that as much of the data is wiped completely from the device, then start afresh so you can rule out the possibility of certain causes of issues

Thank you very much for your so kind help willerz, I attempt doing everything this weekend because I believe it's gonna take me a while and I have to fix all the music because I've imported virtually all the music I have and in itunes it shows numbers instead of the music names and if I sync my iPhone it will change the music in my iDevice in numbers, it must be some kind of bug so now I'll have to rename many songs by hand. I'll let you know as soon as I do everything, I hope nothing else will go wrong and I thank you for your mighty kindness

I was changing names in iTunes to all my songs but I ran into a small (quite big actually) hiccup, while I was renaming them for some reason I tried to transfer them into my computer (at the moment since I only used Bridge cydia tweak for all of them I don't have them in my computer) and I found out that I can't drag them in the desktop! Nor can I right-click and copy them! I ticked the "manually manage music and video" in the first section of iTunes (I'm not sure that's what it's called in english because I have my iTunes set in italian) but it doesn't work, what can I do? I stopped renaming (because I have over 400 songs, they're very important for me^^) and it would have been really long but I don't know what can I do now. I've tried to look for them through iFile but I can't find the songs, I can finds iTunes' folders but not the actual songs and I believe after googling it that I can't find them there. What else can I try?

I was changing names in iTunes to all my songs but I ran into a small (quite big actually) hiccup, while I was renaming them for some reason I tried to transfer them into my computer (at the moment since I only used Bridge cydia tweak for all of them I don't have them in my computer) and I found out that I can't drag them in the desktop! Nor can I right-click and copy them! I ticked the "manually manage music and video" in the first section of iTunes (I'm not sure that's what it's called in english because I have my iTunes set in italian) but it doesn't work, what can I do? I stopped renaming (because I have over 400 songs, they're very important for me^^) and it would have been really long but I don't know what can I do now. I've tried to look for them through iFile but I can't find the songs, I can finds iTunes' folders but not the actual songs and I believe after googling it that I can't find them there. What else can I try?

Unfortunately Apple does not allow for the copying of media from a device to a computer for DMCA and all the applicable copyrights and such. Granted with the benefit of the doubt that this is by no means an attempt to pirate (no allegations, just a disclaimer) you can, however, create a backup of your device and use a backup extractor such as iBackupBot or iExplorer to extract the songs out of your backup. I believe iFunbox also has the feature to view your media as well, so you can give that a try. I'd say the easiest to use would probably be iExplorer by Macroplant

Sent from my iPad Mini via Tapa