What's new

Should I upgrade to Iphone 4 or wait?

cjflaherty

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've had my IPhone 3GS for a year and a half. I love the phone and have had pretty good phone/network connectivity where I live in the Cleveland, Ohio area. However, I have very poor phone and data coverage in the building where I work. Since I spend 1/3 of my life at work, this poor performance is not acceptable. Has anyone had a similar suituation? Would upgrading to the IPhone 4 improve my phone/data reception? I know there have been antenna problems with the IPhone 4, should I wait for an IPhone 5, if there is a release? I could get a Verizon IPhone, but my contract with AT&T isn't up for 6 more months, and I don't really want to wait that long. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

iGaz

Reaction score
The signal won't be much different if at all on the iPhone 4. I doubt the iPhone 5 will be any better. Unfortunatly your best bet would be to try a different network if you still want an iPhone and a better signal at your work...

paxuser

Reaction score
I came from a blakcberry, never had a dropped call and after 6 days of owning my iPhone (which I LOVE), it's had over 15 dropped calls. Verizon has told me that there are no complaints, and I see on this webiste, I'm not the only one. I live in sunny So Cal, so weather is not an issue, and I've had 4 bars each time my phone call is dropped or better yet, the phone just dies. I'm so disappointed with my new phone because that's the only feature that doesn't work- phone calls! Any advice?

Janet1025

Reaction score
I came from a blakcberry, never had a dropped call and after 6 days of owning my iPhone (which I LOVE), it's had over 15 dropped calls. Verizon has told me that there are no complaints, and I see on this webiste, I'm not the only one. I live in sunny So Cal, so weather is not an issue, and I've had 4 bars each time my phone call is dropped or better yet, the phone just dies. I'm so disappointed with my new phone because that's the only feature that doesn't work- phone calls! Any advice?

I had this happen before realizing my face kept hitting the end button, is this happening even when you are on bluetooth?

Gregoris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i would wait... even if its a smalla mount of changes in the iphone 5 it will still be newer and better ;)

Gregoris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
nooo why would you get the 3gs crap? thats two steps down? and when the iphone 5 is released everything will be left out of the 3gs, it wont be long until apple forget about that device

beezy

Reaction score
I waited last year around this time. Glad i did. If 5 doesnt blow you away you can always get 4 for a reduced price.

Most reactions