What's new

should I upgrade or should I wait?

localhost8080

Reaction score
Im due a free upgrade now from my carrier.
should I go for an iphone 5 or should I wait to see when they bring out the new iphone?
I have a 4s just now.

It's so close to the next iPhone in this instance I would wait.

Normally I would say,

If one always waited for what's new out around the corner then one wouldn't end up making a purchase at all !

I'm tending to think, in spite of posts I've made to the contrary in the past, that Apple are going to have to let go of their internal storage. Every other manufacturer allows SD cards and I can't see Apple being able to sell SanDisk storage for 10 times it's retail price for much longer.

I have a feeling that we are coming to the end of the 16/32/64 range of phones, and that in future, all iPhones will be (maybe) 32Gb with expansion capability. If not, I'm not sure Apple can even hope to hang on to their market share.

I agree with chunky. Definitely wait.

I'm tending to think, in spite of posts I've made to the contrary in the past, that Apple are going to have to let go of their internal storage. Every other manufacturer allows SD cards and I can't see Apple being able to sell SanDisk storage for 10 times it's retail price for much longer.

I have a feeling that we are coming to the end of the 16/32/64 range of phones, and that in future, all iPhones will be (maybe) 32Gb with expansion capability. If not, I'm not sure Apple can even hope to hang on to their market share.

I agree with chunky. Definitely wait.

Hi,

Apple operate a sand-bpxed iOS system which is why they don't allow the use of SD cards which could insert something into their idevices they haven't sanctioned.

The more likely future outcome would be a bigger choice of capacity.

I was most of the way toward holding out for the new phone, I think ill wait till wwdc to see if there are any announcements then ill make up my mind :) I dont really want to wait 6 months for a new phone, but my 4s still does me for everything I need it to :)

thanks for all the comments !

Im due a free upgrade now from my carrier.
should I go for an iphone 5 or should I wait to see when they bring out the new iphone?
I have a 4s just now.

I was in same boat up till last week, I went with the IPhone 5 it really is a great phone, screen size and the phone reacts so smoothly. I was gonna Waite , but if the IPhone going to get the update to IOS7 why Waite

LTE changes things. If you have unlimited data, don't upgrade the line. Add a line to keep your unlimited data. If you are on a tiered plan, then upgrading could cause you to use more data per month. Something to think about as LTE is 10+ times faster than 3G. Most users experience an increase in data usage simply because they can surf faster and end up surfing more with their device. My 2 cents. Take 'em for what they are worth.