What's new

Need upgrade opinion

wingzfan61

Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2011
Messages
308
Reaction score
23
Common question but need some advice from i5 users. For the first time in a decade Ive kept my phone until.my upgrade eligibility came up. ive got a 32gb 4s that I love but Im strongly considering a 5. I know the 5s is rumored to be out soon which Im betting is October, and I know its expected to be a big upgrade. The issue with waiting is, based on previous releases, it could be after Christmas before I can get my hands on one and theres no way I can wait that long.

Is there any battery, signal or other issues with the 5 that should keep me waiting for the unknown 5s or should I take the free upgrade with trade in and grab a 5?
 

Skull One

Super Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Apr 27, 2011
Messages
4,431
Reaction score
580
Location
Earth
With Verizon I can preorder the iPhone and get it on the day of the release. You should be able to do that with any of the major vendors now.

As for your question. No issues with the iPhone 5 that I am aware of. Mine is still working fantastic and will be passed down to my wife when I get the 5S.
 

ardchoille

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2012
Messages
4,361
Reaction score
2,070
I have the iphone 5 (upgraded from the 4S a few months ago) and I love it, no issues at all here. I can't think of any reason that the 5S would be such a huge upgrade, except for ios 7 and that will be available to older devices anyway.
 
OP
W

wingzfan61

Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2011
Messages
308
Reaction score
23
Well I sold my 4s for $350 so Im gonna go ahead and grab the 5 tonight. Plus the wife offered me her upgrade in september and she'll take my 5. The 4s has been the best phone Ive had so Im hoping the 5 will be the same. Sucks I lose jailbreak though.
 

Drjoepa

New Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2013
Messages
36
Reaction score
2
Location
Honolulu, Hawaii
I did they same thing you are doing and I miss my 4S but the 5 had iOS 6.1 at the time so I have a jailbreak on that one. Recently upgraded the wife's 4 with a 5 iOS 6.1.3, no jailbreak.

I will wait for iPhone 6 before selling off the 5.

The 5S may not have the new A6 or A7 Chipset and that would be a big drawback. A real good
reason to wait for iPhone 6 and avoid 5S.

I have read that Apple is considering putting
The new A6 or A7 chipset in the 5S but that is not confirmed by Apple yet and most likely be
held over for iPhone 6!

Again, the newer A6 or A7 chipset will be a super
Improvement for iPhones in the future.

Good luck with your choice.
 
Last edited:

daniel1565

New Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2013
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
I upgraded to the I5 in June , so I have had it 1 month now. I have had absolutely no issues. Plus upgrading at best buy I got a great deal and went from a 16 gig to a 32 gig for $30.00. They bought my 4s from me and applied that toward the new i5. In the end my total cost was a stunning $29.99 to upgrade, and like I said I went from a 16g to a 32g.
 
Top