What's new

Thinking About Getting An iPhone 5S

newbieuser101

Reaction score
I have the iPhone 5 and I'm eligible for an upgrade. Should I upgrade to the 5S or should I just keep my iPhone 5. I've seen mixed reviews about getting the 5S. Some say "If you have a 5, don't get a 5S or 5C." What should I do? Should I wait a couple months if I'm interested in getting it? All advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

Well if you have 5 i wouldn't get 5c, thats a step down in my opinion, as for 5s i don't really think you are gaining that much, i have 5 and I'm not changing until next year but then i buy my phone outright from Apple so its a bit different to upgrading on contract.

any reviews out now are mostly speculation and guesswork (I am from Redundancy Incorporated, Inc). Wait till it hits the store and go put hands on.

Welcome to the forum. I think it depends on how much you are willing to spend. I'd wait until it's released and see what feedback it gets.

Wait till it hits the store and go put hands on.

Agreed. You can read all of the reviews/specs you want, but there is no substitute for going into a store and actually playing with the device. I'm on the iPhone 5 and, after everything I've read/heard, I won't be upgrading until the iPhone 6 hits the stores - it just doesn't seem beneficial in my case.

I'm thinking about upgrading because my mom wants an iPhone, so I'm thinking about giving her my 5 and getting the 5S. What do you guys think? Is it a good idea? All advice is greatly appreciated!

Howdy folks,

I shall be upgrading my 5 to the 5s.

A friend of mine is having my old 5 which then gives me a considerable sum towards the 5s , 75% towards it ! I look after my handsets thus preserving a good resell value, I'm actually looking forward to buying the 5s knowing that its not going to really cost me a great amount, so the upgrade kinda makes sense for the costs involved .
I would rather have my own hands on the 5s , using it myself and experience it for my reasons rather than read hundreds of reviews from other people's perspectives. As with any handset regardless of manufacturer there will always be complaints and complimentary reviews, I just want to see if it works for me & if it ds, then I'm happy.

I have an incline towards the champagne finish myself.

I'm looking foward to checking out the improved camera and its dual flash option , alongside the full features of ios7 on the 64bit os and trying out the finger print feature ( which i feel Apple will deploy over their whole next gen product range, ipods, ipads etc) , alongside other features.
I've only recently upgraded my sim only tarif and have considerable data so I'm looking forward to a few things .
Dont get me wrong , I've found the 5 to be a superb handset, competent and consistent , and faultless for my uses , the 5c has very close specs to the 5 so the only natural progression is towards the 5s.

It appears that I shall be spending my evening in a queue for the new 5s, exactly the same way as last year when I queued for the new 5 , looking forward to those warm doughnuts first thing in the morning :)

Well, that's my piece,I wonder what others have to say about it.

I'll probably keep the 5s a short while and await further developments in the new year.

If you're upgrading in order to give your 5 to someone else, then it makes sense to upgrade to the Iphone 5S.. I mean, you're going to buy one anyway..