What's new

4s to 5s- whos done it?

noddy

Reaction score
Have a 4s currently and I'm deliberating whether to go to 5s. I'm really not sure. I like the ruggedness of the 4s steel body. I've seen loads of 5's with chips and scratches to that aluminium body and I just know if I had one, it would get the same within days.
The other thing for me is IOS7. I hate the appearance of the text messages for example. So much so, that I wish I hadn't upgraded the 4s software. Some things are better but on the whole I personally think it looks cheap.

I went from 4S to 5S and don't have any regrets. If I'd had a 5 instead of a 4S I probably wouldn't have switched. As for protecting the phone, I use the Taktik case by Lunatik. I had one for my 4S and it was great at protecting the phone.

Have a 4s currently and I'm deliberating whether to go to 5s. I'm really not sure. I like the ruggedness of the 4s steel body. I've seen loads of 5's with chips and scratches to that aluminium body and I just know if I had one, it would get the same within days.
The other thing for me is IOS7. I hate the appearance of the text messages for example. So much so, that I wish I hadn't upgraded the 4s software. Some things are better but on the whole I personally think it looks cheap.

I upgraded from the 4s to the 5s. One of the major reasons I did so was because of the 4G LTE capability. In my area the Verizon 3s signal was not that great. I find the LTE signal to be much better. I do not have any scratches on mine at all, but then again I use the Otterbox defender case. I have no regrets on doing the upgrade. As for IOS 7, I really don't mind it. There were some definite pluses, but as you mention, some display appearances were not one of them. I increased the contrast, and bold type settings and find it is not that bad at all.

Went from a 4S to 5S. I dont regret it at all. The 4G LTE is great, and even more noticeable when tethered to my iPad. I kept my 4S wrapped in a case (Graft, loved it) and a screen protector. When I sold my 4S, I got $298 for it (64 GB). So, I paid $100 for the 5S w/ 64GB and was happy.

As for the feeling, I do miss the weight of the 4S. I liked the heft. However, as I use my 5S more and more, I am getting used to it. I have a Screen Protector and case on it as well. I have no complaints on the 5S and I really thing the Slate color is smexy! I didnt even take it out of the box until I had the case and protector ready to go. The damn thing is fast, too. Man it is fast.