What's new

Going From Android to iPhone 5s

abredt

Reaction score
I've always had Android, but am getting my first Apple product - iPhone 5s.

I have a conract with Verizon that expires soon, so I will buy it there.
What should I ask them to do to accomplish the transfer of contacts, photos, etc?

What is the best way to learn about the 5s?

Thanks, cb

What I did was to put all of my contacts into my gmail account so I still had them when I got my iPhone. I also added all of my photos to picasaweb.google.com for the same reason. You might look into a way to export your contacts (CSV file? vCard?) in a format that can be easily imported into your iCloud account - you can import vCards into your account at www.icloud.com. There are probably other methods as well.

You can find a user manual for iOS 7 here.

What I did was to put all of my contacts into my gmail account so I still had them when I got my iPhone. I also added all of my photos to picasaweb.google.com for the same reason. You might look into a way to export your contacts (CSV file? vCard?) in a format that can be easily imported into your iCloud account - you can import vCards into your account at www.icloud.com. There are probably other methods as well.

You can find a user manual for iOS 7 here.

This is Exactly what I did as well when I went frm my SG3 to my Gold 5s....It worked for me

My cellular carrier has devices at their offices that are designed to transfer contacts from one phone to another. Both phones are hooked up and in a minute or two, all your contacts are on the new phone.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator

My cellular carrier has devices at their offices that are designed to transfer contacts from one phone to another. Both phones are hooked up and in a minute or two, all your contacts are on the new phone.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator

Yes Verizon use to have that device as well, but not any more, at least thats what they told me and my Wife

Ios 7 made it very easy via the Gmail sync.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I've always had Android, but am getting my first Apple product - iPhone 5s. I have a conract with Verizon that expires soon, so I will buy it there. What should I ask them to do to accomplish the transfer of contacts, photos, etc? What is the best way to learn about the 5s? Thanks, cb

Have you tried the verizon app called "Backup assistant"? It will backup all your contacts you have on your phone including any contacts you have through your email if you have the contact option turned "on" through your email app settings.

The photos won't be backed up through this app, maybe another may help you. Or even backing it up on your laptop maybe? Just a thought. Or you can upload pics to an app called Dropbox. That will work too. Many apps to choose from for this.