What's new

iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C: Which One?

If you have the money buy the 5s: uses faster processor and better graphics chip comes in handy if you are a gamer. Myself, i bought the 5c because best buy had a tradein program allowing me to waive the activation fee.

It looks like you've already got the basic specs, but we know nothing about your actual needs and budget. We have both in the family and I can tell you that there's nothing cheap about the 5c. Don't be fooled by the plastic. But if it's in your budget, the price difference isn't that great and I'd say go for the 5s.

I bought the lime green 5c over the 5s bc I wanted 32gb storage and the 5c was cheaper.

To sum it up the 5C is the same as the 5 hardware wise. But it just has a different body.

The 5S is newer and has slightly better specs.

Beamed From the white sun in the S4 Galaxy.

To sum it up the 5C is the same as the 5 hardware wise. But it just has a different body.

The 5S is newer and has slightly better specs.
The 5c has a better front facing Facetime camera and also has a slightly larger capacity battery which is supposed to give up to an extra 2 hours of talk time, for whatever that's worth.

The 5c has a better front facing Facetime camera and also has a slightly larger capacity battery which is supposed to give up to an extra 2 hours of talk time, for whatever that's worth.

Well the resolution for the front facing cameras are the same at 1.2MP, but the 5C sensor is newer so it will take clearer pictures. To me they look warmer in color. Also the approximate 70mAh of battery improvement over the iPhone 5 is negligible. From 1440mAh to just about 1508mAh is hardly enough to grant a noticeable battery life improvement.

It really boils down to what your upgrading from, and how much money you can/want to spend. If you have a

Well the resolution for the front facing cameras are the same at 1.2MP, but the 5C sensor is newer so it will take clearer pictures. To me they look warmer in color. Also the approximate 70mAh of battery improvement over the iPhone 5 is negligible. From 1440mAh to just about 1508mAh is hardly enough to grant a noticeable battery life improvement.

It really boils down to what your upgrading from, and how much money you can/want to spend. If you have a

Roughly 5%, so you might go from, say 10 hours, to 10.5. For some, that potential extra 30 is a big deal, others - never notice it.