What's new

Iphone4S or wait for 5

Alanfujii

Reaction score
I have to get a replacement for my iPhone 4. I can hear but they can't hear me. After going back and forth with Apple and AT&T I have come to the realization that I have to get a new phone (currently out of warranty). So now my dilemma. I can get a straight replacement for $149 or upgrade my phone for a iPhone 4S for $199. Prior to this problem, I was intending to wait for the iPhone 5 to exercise my upgrade since I really don't feel that the 4S is much of a upgrade over the 4. I feel that the iPhone 5 will come sooner that next Fall and so I'll be stuck under contract for 1+ years before I can upgrade again. What do you think I should do?

You say your phone is broken, It doesn't look to me as you have an option but to replace it, I have a 4S and it is a great phone, How can you wait till the 5 comes out and not even know what it will be like, Just go and get a 4S. There will always be a new phone no matter what you get, That is a nature of the beast.

I picked up a 4 S last Friday. I'm really impressed with its speed. It is a very well built device. Siri is amazing.

I agree with Mr.Bill! There will always be a new phone on the horizon. That is how the companies make money -- they develop, market, and feed our appetite.

If you need a new phone now I would not heistate to get the 4S. If money is an issue get another 4

Let us know what you decide

Hmm.. Nah.. I would wait for the Iphone 5 since you can get a replacement for your iPhone 4. You don't want to be stuck for two more years with the same feel on the iPhone 4s as your old phone was. I kno you can wait for what? A few more months and that's not that bad right? Lol so ya WAIT FOR THE IPHONE 5!

jeffy499 said:
Hmm.. Nah.. I would wait for the Iphone 5 since you can get a replacement for your iPhone 4. You don't want to be stuck for two more years with the same feel on the iPhone 4s as your old phone was. I kno you can wait for what? A few more months and that's not that bad right? Lol so ya WAIT FOR THE IPHONE 5!

But...he needs the new phone now! The iphone 5 may not be out for 6-8 months There are quite a few great features that make the 4s worth the upgrade. I too would go for the 4s.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

iphone4ever said:
But...he needs the new phone now! The iphone 5 may not be out for 6-8 months There are quite a few great features that make the 4s worth the upgrade. I too would go for the 4s.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Waiting for another 6-8 months is no big deal. I would replace your 4 with another 4 and wait for the 5. If you renew your contract now and the five comes out in eight months, you'll technically have to wait another 18 months to get it.

I say replace your iPhone 4 (maintain your upgrade status) & wait for the 5!

Waiting for another 6-8 months is no big deal. I would replace your 4 with another 4 and wait for the 5. If you renew your contract now and the five comes out in eight months, you'll technically have to wait another 18 months to get it.

That is assuming you know when they will launch the 5. Could be closer to a year or longer, no one knows.

I say get the 4s. No one is truly sure when the 5 will come out and if you need a new phone now the 4s is a good choice. I'm definitely impressed with it so far!

Id replace with the cheaper 4 and just wait. Although having the 4s is pretty awesome, it doesnt have super noticable tweeks from the 4s

Just save your upgrade since no one does know when it will come out that way you maintain control of your upgrade situation and not the phone company.

I say if you HAVE to have an iPhone then get it now. iPhones hold their value very well. When the iPhone 5 drops, just sell your 4 or 4s to cover most of the cost.