What's new

If I upgrade to 4S, Sell 4? Why would anyone buy?

pjsmith

Reaction score
OK, so I'm thinking about upgrading to the 4S, for the cost of $199; I'm told that I can sell my used 4 on Craigslist for $200 or more, and investigating that claim, I have in fact seen ads on CL for them at or above that price.

Here's my question: If you can get a new 4S for $200, why would anyone buy a 4 for the same amount? It's JB but not unlocked, though I hear you can remedy that with a $39 sim piggyback now.

If I really could sell the 4 for that amount and make it a wash, I'd go ahead and upgrade....but this all sounds too good to be true.

when you buy the $200 phone, you have contract with the carriers. For example, I have Verizon as carrier.

If I m not eligible for upgrade to iphone 4S at $199, I will have to pay more than $400 (i forget exact $).

I got the new phone for $199. If l loose it or break it before the contract period (if I have no insurance or no warranty), I will have to pay the new retail price of 4S or buy used one at cheaper price. If I buy one from CL or ebay (hopefully its free and clear of contracts), I can do month to month without the long term contract. Hope this answers your question.