What's new

Hardware or Software? First version iPhone vs S versions.

Major hardware upgrade or Major Software upgrade?

• I don't care, stop asking me questions!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Darkstar2007

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I asked myself this question earlier and wanted to know how everyone else feels about it.

Who here updates to the first version of a new iPhone (the major hardware change) vs waiting for the "S" version (typically gets major software feature, minor hardware upgrade).

Kinda like how the iPhone 4 brought new hardware and outer shell, but the iPhone 4S obtained Siri, and the other iPhones weren't "capable" enough to have Siri.

The iPhone 4S users received all of iOS 6's goodies, but iPhone 5 users obtain major hardware and aesthetic upgrades. If history repeats its self (as it typically does with Apple) the iPhone 5S will get minor hardware upgrades, but will more than likely obtain a new software feature that iPhone 5 users will not be allowed to have.

In other words, what drives you to upgrade? Which product cycle do you upgrade on? The Major hardware, aesthetic changes, or the minor hardware, major software changes?

I myself, typically choose the hardware and aesthetic cycle. Why? Because my upgrades fall that way. ;)

I started with 4s,that was my first iphone,i upgraded to 5 because i wanted a bigger screen mainly,i won't go for 5s,when i change again it will be for the major hardware ect .

I started with 4s,that was my first iphone,i upgraded to 5 because i wanted a bigger screen mainly,i won't go for 5s,when i change again it will be for the major hardware ect .

I hear ya. The bigger screen is nice, but I still find myself wanting an even bigger screen... Lol!

I started with the 4. I waited until the 5 to upgrade but feel like I kinda waited too long. My 4 was slow. So for that reason I'm probably going to get the 5S when it drops. But only if it's noticeably faster than the 5. Speed is what I care about most. Well speed and also knowing I have the newest iPhone out. That's also important to me, I'm not going to lie.

I'd rather go with the "S" versions. That way they've had a year to work out all the hardware bugs.

Early days for me. I'm still on my first iPhone, which is a 16Gb 4. When I bought it, I really didn't have a clue what I was buying. ANYTHING was better than the piece of HTC junk I was attempting to use at the time. Prior to that, I thought a smartphone was one that was clever enough to tell me who was calling.

I guess I will update to the newest thing that is on the market at the time, but I'll take a bit of interest in the rumours, just in case.

When iOS 7 is released, I'd like to be able to run the complete OS, not a cut down version of it.

I think all S versions are just a little software tweak of the original.