What's new

Screen lock while on call?

Grafixx01

Reaction score
Ok, I like the iPhone that I have but there is one thing that I'm getting really annoyed with...

When I'm on a call, my ear keeps hitting the 'mute' button.

Anyone know of any applications that you can put on the phone to stop this from happening? Like a screen lock while on a call and you have to enter your password.

Anything??

It's a common problem with the proximity sensor. Take it back to apple and get a replacement...

If you jailbreak there's an app I think it's call call lock or something like that..it locks your screen when you answer a call

Really? I have to take it back? Someone tole me to just hit the home button and let it go back to the main screen. I did that but it still goes back to the call screen and the mute button is depressed.

It's up to you but as I said it's a well known problem so you won't have any trouble getting a replacement...

tbh i get the same issue, but i often hit the speaker icon = deafened. so i just tend to hold it at more of an angle to my face.

i found the clear 'gear4' case also helps

I've had my phone for 4 months and I swear I used to be able to hit the top on/off button to lock a call while active. Now it hangs the call up. What happened?

I've had my phone for 4 months and I swear I used to be able to hit the top on/off button to lock a call while active. Now it hangs the call up. What happened?

Nothing bad, just softrest your phone to cure that issue.

You can lock you phone if on loudspeaker. I think it also locks if you are using headseats, either wired or Bluetooth...

You may have a proximity sensor issue. When a call is made or received on an iPhone & you put it up to your face the screen is supposed to shut off to prevent just that from happening.
Take it to Apple & explain the situation, either that or you are holding the phone too far away during the call causing it to happen.