What's new

While on calls

dnaber

Reaction score
I have a problem that while I'm on a call my cheek keeps hitting the touch screen and it ether turns on the speaker phone or it dials numbers. I know the screen is supposed to go blank when up against the my ear but it's not. Is there a way to increase the sensitivity of the sensor. I know my son who works for Verizon says I need to hold it tight against my ear but with hearing aids it a little painful to mash it against my ear. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Do u have a case on the phone that could be interfering with the proximity sensor?

I do have a rubber bumper..... and you could be correct on that. I'll remove it for a few days and see if that corrects the issue. I also have a screen protector, but not sure if that could also be giving me problems. Thanks for the reply!!!

Don

The screen saver wont interfere with it, you must be holding it at a weird angle for the sensor not to work

Yeah my buddy uses the otterbox defender and the cutout for the sensor was dirty causing it to not work correctly. Other then that u could have a bad sensor.

Hi I had the same problem. I have an otter box. Open the box and up at the top the three openings there will be a little piece of clear plastic , pull it off. That's where it can sense your face contact and work right.