What's new

Screen lock while on call?

Grafixx01

Reaction score
Ok, I like the iPhone that I have but there is one thing that I'm getting really annoyed with...

When I'm on a call, my ear keeps hitting the 'mute' button.

Anyone know of any applications that you can put on the phone to stop this from happening? Like a screen lock while on a call and you have to enter your password.

Anything??

iGaz

Reaction score
It's a common problem with the proximity sensor. Take it back to apple and get a replacement...

pigeon

Reaction score
If you jailbreak there's an app I think it's call call lock or something like that..it locks your screen when you answer a call

OP
G

Grafixx01

Reaction score
Really? I have to take it back? Someone tole me to just hit the home button and let it go back to the main screen. I did that but it still goes back to the call screen and the mute button is depressed.

iGaz

Reaction score
It's up to you but as I said it's a well known problem so you won't have any trouble getting a replacement...

crowd pleaser

Reaction score
tbh i get the same issue, but i often hit the speaker icon = deafened. so i just tend to hold it at more of an angle to my face.

i found the clear 'gear4' case also helps

tmed

Reaction score
I've had my phone for 4 months and I swear I used to be able to hit the top on/off button to lock a call while active. Now it hangs the call up. What happened?

bab2010

Reaction score
I've had my phone for 4 months and I swear I used to be able to hit the top on/off button to lock a call while active. Now it hangs the call up. What happened?

Nothing bad, just softrest your phone to cure that issue.

iGaz

Reaction score
You can lock you phone if on loudspeaker. I think it also locks if you are using headseats, either wired or Bluetooth...

jacob11

Reaction score
You may have a proximity sensor issue. When a call is made or received on an iPhone & you put it up to your face the screen is supposed to shut off to prevent just that from happening.
Take it to Apple & explain the situation, either that or you are holding the phone too far away during the call causing it to happen.

Latest posts