What's new

Safari crashes immediately, help please?

lthodde116

Reaction score
I know it's not related to jailbreaking because it was working for a while.. then last night I installed a bunch of apps from cydia and now Safari crashes immediately after opening it. Any help is appreciated.

I know it's not related to jailbreaking because it was working for a while.. then last night I installed a bunch of apps from cydia and now Safari crashes immediately after opening it. Any help is appreciated.
At first glance I would think the problem is being caused by one of the Cydia apps you installed last night. I would try uninstalling them one-at-a-time and see if the problem resolves itself.

At first glance I would think the problem is being caused by one of the Cydia apps you installed last night. I would try uninstalling them one-at-a-time and see if the problem resolves itself.

Now I also have another issue and I can't uninstall any of the apps because of it. Whenever I open the phone app, cydia, settings, music, and some other apps, the app only shows in the top left corner of the screen and is small. I took a few screenshots to show you but I can't even send them to my email address to open on my computer, and I tried to import them through iphoto and also preview but they won't import for some reason.

When I try to import the screenshot using Preview this message comes up:
$Screen shot 2012-05-14 at 5.18.19 PM.jpg

I am assuming this is why you need to check the compatibility of each app/tweak before installing. Good luck op.

Hello,

Presuming you have installed the latest version of mobile substrate from cydia, turn your phone off "slide to turn off".

restart the phone and immediately keep hold of the "+" volume button. If all goes well you will have started your phone in safe mode with addons disabled.

You will be able to remove the required cydia programs and reboot once done.

put in safemode and try to open cydia app and uninstall thru cydia. then respring. dont know if this will work but it works for me

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

->> hello everyone
all you have to do is fix permisions