What's new

Purpose of Jailbreaking

blessed

Reaction score
Question: why would Apple create a device and then not allow the consumer to naturally access ALL of it's features? My son has jailbroken his phone and it's amazing the things he can do that I cannot. He also jailbroke the iPad2 and now has (at least) 20 windows open compared to my measly 9!!!! What's the deal? Why not just allow us to fully use what we've paid for? PLEASE explain because I'm truly lost.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

The iPhone is a powerful device but with less distractions, animations, etc... The lack of those thing in the iPhone make the iPhone more faster more powerful and more reliable, most of all, the fact that rooting is lock prevent the instrusion of malwares viruses in the iPhone. Basically it's almost impossible for a virus to get into the iPhone since Bluetooth is extremely limited in function, syncing files from your computer to the iPhone have to be made all via iTunes which seriously limited the risk of syncing viruses to the phone. Compare it to the droids and symbian OS, you can root on them the way you want and the distractions on those phones are huge say theming, ui costomization, etc... Resulting of a low response when come the time to use the phone functionalities in the phone, drop of calls are very comon on those OS, a lot of serious bugs I'm not going to name here otherwise... And the way those OS symbian or droid can easily catch viruses malwares and so on.
Regarding the competition on the market, apple tag to make secure iPhones, reliable iPhones, and sadly the only way to archive that goal is to load tons of restrictions on the iPhone. Jailbreak comes to break down those restrictions impose on the iPhone by apple, that said, jailbreak widely remove and open the hole iOS main securities entities which lead to you been able to load whatever you want on the device and by pass whatever security apple impose on the device. You can avoid iTunes on you computer and still load remove songs videos files from your device using 3rd party apps on your computer like DiskAid or right from your device by using tools like iFile or celest Bluetooth, etc...
And ofcourse like on the droid, the more you loading thing on the phone say, theming, navigations, systemes, you are capable of messing up the device if you don't know what you doing which will result you having a brick iPhone at the end. Some rare iPhone viruses are capable of destroying the hardware of the iPhone. In addition things you are installing on the device from Cydia after jailbreaking can decrease your phone performances in all aspects possible, depending on what you loading on the device and where you get those apps/tweaks from. Apple is award about all this and so refuse to allow jailbreaking the iPhone since it will go against his goal of security, reliability and speed.

Very well said!!! Thats why i wont JB my phone im very happy with it stock and with IOS5 right around the corner its gonna open up alot more things on the iphone!

Very well said!!! Thats why i wont JB my phone im very happy with it stock and with IOS5 right around the corner its gonna open up alot more things on the iphone!

Jailbreaking the iOS isn't something bad, just get legit apps/tweaks from legit sources and you will be away of troubles with your phone. Don't just load whatever you want into the device, like 3 differents SMS apps, or several Bluetooth apps, or applying several themes at the same time. All these are doable actually, but you just don't know when they can conflict and so on... I jailbroke days after I got my iPhone, it's being a long time now, and I can tell you that I have never ever ever got any trouble you can think of with my jailbroken iPhone. I pay for apps/tweaks if they are not for free and I don't load 2 similar apps/tweaks in my iPhone at the same time. Either 3G unrestrictor, either My 3G, etc...
If you don't have faith, trust in jailbreak, then just stay away from it. Also know that people jailbreak not because they want to take advantages on the iPhone or on cydia, but because they need unlock, something Apple is lowering the pressure nowadays by start selling factory unlocked iPhones long ago in Asia, but recently in US. Depend on your phone and what you want your phone to do, jailbreak is an opened door to us and I truly like the choice than to live without having a choice :)