What's new

ResetBasebandAfterExitingAirplaneMode in Carrier.plist???

Fangor

Reaction score
Does anyone know what this does and why it's in my carrier.plist? It's on by default, and for some reason this setting when enabled allows me to brick my phone. If I turn on airplane mode, turn it off after a minute, and then reboot or reset network settings, my phone will usually brick. It boots to the screen in the picture, and it gives error 23 in iTunes unless I yank the battery and then restore, which makes it magically work. Doesn't always happen, but I can consistently reproduce this with a few tries. Why would I want to reset my baseband anyway? This problem has happened even while I wasn't jailbroken. Turning the setting off doesn't seem to do anything except prevent airplane mode from bricking me. I'd love to know the intended purpose of this setting.

Of course, my phone is ****** as is, even without that setting. I only found it cause my phone suddenly lost its data IP and I couldn't get any data to work... which has been happening a lot.

Ok so I can;t post pictures, but it's a connect to iTunes screen that says my IMEI and ICCID are unknown and that my iPhone needs to be restored.