What's new

Hello there!

AceK

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm Mike, and I just got myself the iPhone 4S today and so far I'm loving every moment of it. My old phone was a piece of junk called "Samsung Finesse." :(

Being new, I kind of have my problems with the iPhone. Mainly it has to do with sharing apps. My brother has a iPad2 and a iPhone 4S, and he already has apps on his iPad2. Mainly, he would like me to use apps by using his Apple I.D.. We do know that one of the ways to transfer apps is by using my bro's Apple I.D. and using it on my phone to get the apps, however, he believes that the games may cause a problem with GameCenter in which we won't be able to play together, but we aren't sure and haven't took the risk yet.

He also lost certain data from transferring apps from his iPad2 to HIS iPhone 4S, such as score data in some games or items.

We would also like to know more about the changes iTunes made to the accounts. From what I recall, he was told to use a e-mail and now his old iTunes I.D. is his e-mail, and it used to just be a name, but no e-mail. Is this something that changed, and why?

Create your own iTunes account and have it ready to use. Login the app store app in your iPhone with your brother's iTunes account and download the apps you want, after installation of the apps, go to settings> store> apple ID/ log in with your iTunes account.
Go to settings> iCloud> account/ login with your iTunes account.
Open game center and login with your iTunes account.
There will not be any messing up with game center as long as you login with YOUR iTunes account. Whenever there will be available updates for those apps, you will have to enter your brother iTunes account credits before you can download the updates.

Create your own iTunes account and have it ready to use. Login the app store app in your iPhone with your brother's iTunes account and download the apps you want, after installation of the apps, go to settings> store> apple ID/ log in with your iTunes account.
Go to settings> iCloud> account/ login with your iTunes account.
Open game center and login with your iTunes account.
There will not be any messing up with game center as long as you login with YOUR iTunes account. Whenever there will be available updates for those apps, you will have to enter your brother iTunes account credits before you can download the updates.

Is there anyway I can create a iCloud @me.com and use that as my Apple I.D. instead of using my e-mail as my Apple I.D.?

AceK said:
Is there anyway I can create a iCloud @me.com and use that as my Apple I.D. instead of using my e-mail as my Apple I.D.?

You can create one through your apple Id login at icloud.com, and you can login with that as the same Apple Id.

You can create one through your apple Id login at icloud.com, and you can login with that as the same Apple Id.

So once you make an Apple I.D. using your e-mail (yahoo aol etc.) and then make another at iCloud.com, you can then use your iCloud.com Apple I.D. as your main Apple I.D., replacing over the e-mail (yahoo etc.) Apple I.D.?

AceK said:
So once you make an Apple I.D. using your e-mail (yahoo aol etc.) and then make another at iCloud.com, you can then use your iCloud.com Apple I.D. as your main Apple I.D., replacing over the e-mail (yahoo etc.) Apple I.D.?

Yes, when I signed in at icloud.com for the first time and set it up, then i went to my phone to settings-mails contacts and calendars and I went to add an icloud account, and added the me.com one.

When i go to AppStore, instead of putting in my yahoo account I can put in my me.com email as Apple Id and it will still login.

Yes, when I signed in at icloud.com for the first time and set it up, then i went to my phone to settings-mails contacts and calendars and I went to add an icloud account, and added the me.com one.

When i go to AppStore, instead of putting in my yahoo account I can put in my me.com email as Apple Id and it will still login.

Ok so... when you create your iCloud account, does it convert the SAME name from your existing e-mail, or do you have the option to create a whole new name for your @me.com Apple I.D.?

Edit : Never mind, I'm sure it wouldn't work at all for converting SAME name if people use that same name for other e-mail @'s . So , that's good then :) !

I really really appreciate you all (iMarilina and bab2010) for the help <3 !!! Thank you SOOOO much and I can't wait to visit the forums here more , I feel very welcomed :D !

Last edited:
When you go to www.icloud.com on your pc for the first time, you login with your Apple ID. At some point as you are looking around it asks you if you would like to create a @me.com account. You can choose a name.
That me.com email address you create will be your icloud email

G'day & welcome to the FoRuM!!! :)