What's new

What's the purpose of jailbreaking compared to rooting?

I'm wondering if you will ask this question after jailbreaking your phone. I can't even name you what my phone is capable of doing. Can you download file directely from your phone safari browser? No. Can you download youtube movie from the youtube app in your phone? No. Can you upload photos to social websites right from your phone camera roll folder? No. Can you multigestures tasking on your phone and give some rest to your home button? No. Can you manage MP3 in your iPod on your phone, (delete, set as ringtone, send via email, open song with 3rd party mp3 app installed on your phone?) No. Can you 3d your home screen? Again your answer is No. My question here for you is, what can you really do with a nonjailbreaked phone???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoa, someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed?!?! lol I don't know if you have looked at other posts I've done recently or only gone off this one post I sent when I first got my iPhone. I am a complete fan of jailbreaking and have given the advice to quite a few others here now. I was just asking what people thought about it when I originally got the phone and wanted to know the limitations/advances of jailbreaking compared to Rooting. So sorry to have disturbed your mood today from a post I wrote about a month ago!:rolleyes: lol

Last edited:
Haha. I'm getting ready to jailbreak my phone. Is this greenpoison pretty stable? That's the only thing I'm concerned about. I don't mind tinkering with my device, but I'm not gonna put unstable software on it. If the general consensus is a positive one, then I'm taking the plunge. So, greenpoison for vz iPhone, yay or nay???

VERY VERY YAY! lol I'm pois0ned. I have been since the 2nd day of having the phone. It's not laggy or slowed at all. I love it

I'm wondering if you will ask this question after jailbreaking your phone. I can't even name you what my phone is capable of doing. Can you download file directely from your phone safari browser? No. Can you download youtube movie from the youtube app in your phone? No. Can you upload photos to social websites right from your phone camera roll folder? No. Can you multigestures tasking on your phone and give some rest to your home button? No. Can you manage MP3 in your iPod on your phone, (delete, set as ringtone, send via email, open song with 3rd party mp3 app installed on your phone?) No. Can you 3d your home screen? Again your answer is No. My question here for you is, what can you really do with a nonjailbreaked phone???

Whoa, someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed?!?! lol I don't know if you have looked at other posts I've done recently or only gone off this one post I sent when I first got my iPhone. I am a complete fan of jailbreaking and have given the advice to quite a few others here now. I was just asking what people thought about it when I originally got the phone and wanted to know the limitations/advances of jailbreaking compared to Rooting. So sorry to have disturbed your mood today from a post I wrote about a month ago!:rolleyes: lol

Hum... Did i sound angry??? :))) i ain't angry man, i always go easy. I was just trying to tell you all the best of jailbreaking your phone. :) after all it's your device and you do what you feel doing with it right. But i will always and happily advice you to jailbreak despite how fan you are about it. So welcome to the jailbreak compound in advance. (;