What's new

Newbie planning on jailbreak-what can go wrong?

mpetruzz

Reaction score
My Verizon iPhone should be arriving this am and I am planning on jailbreaking it. I had a rooted Droid X and am trying to understand the possible issues that may arise from jailbreaking my iphone.

I def plan on backing it up as soon as I unbox it. I've read through the greenpoison method and it seems easy, much easier than rooting a droid.

I guess I'm trying to find out what can possibly go wrong while trying to jailbreak. If I don't hold the power/home buttons down correctly can I brick it.

If it does get bricked how do I un-brick?

I've searched the forums and haven't seen anything talking about it. If I missed a thread, sorry.

Thanks!

I can only speak from my experience. I'm on AT&T. Have had multiple iphones since the first one and have always JB. You can't really "brick" your device. Maybe the only thing that can happen is you get stuck in a boot loop. Boot there are ways out of that. Green Poison is a great tool. Just make sure you read up, but i see you already did. If you have rooted Android or installed ROM's you should be fine. Worse case you can always just restore back to a fresh firmware.

if all else fails DFU mode will solve all problems i think i read somewhere its impossible to brick all iphone 4s

Thanks, I actually did have to do a restore. I must have downloaded the first version of greenpoison and it didn't work right.

Anyways, restored the phone, used the latest version and now it's all set.

Now I just have to figure out which apps to install!!! Thanks!

just look at phil's ios Vlogs in the news section, i found a lot of cool things from his videos