What's new

iPhone 3GS MC131FB 4.1 upgrade and jailbreak

psirvent

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I have a iPhone 3GS model MC131B with IOS 4.1 installed. It's jailbreaked and officially unlocked for any carrier.
By the past, I tried to update it to 4.3.3 and even without trying to jailbreak it, I bricked it (maybe stuck in Pwned DFU mode). I had a black screen and I tried almost everything to "resuscitate" it but... nothing.

So I asked a friend with a better knowledge than me to try to repair it and he worked for at least 1 month to recover my precious iPhone. Now it's 4.1 and modem firmware (baseband) 05.16.02

The problem is I can't install any app anymore. So I want to upgrade to 5.X or 5.1.x (not above) and if possible re-jailbreak un-tethred my device. I post this new thread because I searched all over the web and I didn't find any solution for my case (maybe because the 3GS is obsolete ?)

Please can someone help me ?

Thank's !

The only way to upgrade an iOS selectively is if you have SHSH blobs to do so. Open up Cydia and see if you have iOS 5 blobs saved for your device. Depending on which version of Cydia you have, it's either on the top of the main Cydia page, or in the TSS Center tab on the main page after you scroll down a little. Whatever blobs you have are the only iOS that you can restore to. None other.

The only way to upgrade an iOS selectively is if you have SHSH blobs to do so. Open up Cydia and see if you have iOS 5 blobs saved for your device. Depending on which version of Cydia you have, it's either on the top of the main Cydia page, or in the TSS Center tab on the main page after you scroll down a little. Whatever blobs you have are the only iOS that you can restore to. None other.

Ok, thank you for your reply.

I have "SHSH IOS 4.1, 4.3.5, 5.1, 5.1.1" marked on Cydia TSS Center.

So can I update to 5.1.1, re-jailbreak and enjoy without issue ?

Use RedSn0w's restore feature to upgrade and preserve your baseband. Then jailbreak it.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk